Maintenance Shop Technician B
Company: Republic Services
Posted on: October 9, 2019
POSITION SUMMARY:---- With direct supervision from a Lead
Technician, Maintenance Supervisor or Maintenance Manager, a
Maintenance Technician B performs repair and maintenance work on
diesel and non-diesel equipment and trucks including, but not
limited to, chassis components, vehicle refuse bodies and control
systems, hydraulic electrical, air brake systems, general engine
work, HVAC components, suspension, drive train and steering
systems. The Maintenance Technician B may also perform basic tire
work, such as replacement, tire rotation, and tread depth checks.--
Enjoy the benefits of working on a single fleet with
state-of-the-art equipment, supporting our drivers as they run
their routes and servicing some of the most technically advanced
vehicles on the road.
- Tackle a new challenge every day;
- Maintain and repair highly intricate and powerful
- Receive training on new technologies and equipment
- Work a regular shift in a stable industry
- Be recognized for exceptional performance
- Serve your community and your customers
- Follow strong career paths for professional growth
- Enjoy competitive wages and benefits
- Join us and help make a positive impact on your community, your
environment and your world
? Maintains a working knowledge of, and moderate skill proficiency
in, the following vehicle components and systems, with the ability
to perform preventative and repair maintenance functions, both
on-site and on the road.
- Chassis component repair and maintenance.
- Refuse bodies, including control, hydraulic and electrical
systems; and air and hydraulic braking systems.
- Engine repair and maintenance.
- Suspension, drivetrain and steering systems.
- Heating and air conditioning.
- Performs line maintenance welding and fabrication.
- Safely provides road service when necessary to ensure that the
Company?s equipment is returned to operation in a safe and
- Identifies the source of the malfunctions using a variety of
- Completes applicable Company training programs.
- Performs other job-related duties as assigned or apparent.
- The statements herein are intended to describe the general
nature and level of work being performed by employees and are not
to be construed as an exhaustive list of responsibilities, duties,
and skills required by personnel so classified. Furthermore, they
do not establish a contract for employment and are subject to
change at the discretion of the Company..
- Basic understanding of work order labor time standards.
- Prior experience with, or knowledge of, maintenance work to be
performed on Classes 1-5 light/medium duty and heavy-duty Class 7-8
trucks, aircraft, or ships.
- Automotive Service Excellence (ASE) Certifications (T1-T8) are
a plus but not required.
- Commercial Driver?s License is a plus but not required.
- Valid Driver?s License.
- Minimum of 1 year of experience in a technician position
demonstrating knowledge of both gasoline and diesel powered
equipment diagnosis and repair or will be graduating from an
accredited automotive college or technical school within the next 3
- Ability to perform basic inspections with limited supervision
in some (not all required) of the following heavy truck, or
automotive systems: suspensions & steering; general engine,
transmissions, brakes, electrical, hydraulics, drive train, diesel
emissions.Republic Services is an equal opportunity employer. All
qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment
without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual
orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age,
disability, protected veteran status, genetic information, or any
other characteristic protected by applicable law.
The statements used herein are intended to describe the general
nature and level of the work being performed by an employee in this
position, and are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive
list of responsibilities, duties and skills required by an
incumbent so classified.-- Furthermore, they do not establish a
contract for employment and are subject to change at the discretion
of the Company.
Republic Services, Inc. is an industry leader in U.S. recycling and
waste services. Through its subsidiaries, Republic---s collection
companies, transfer stations, recycling centers and landfills focus
on providing reliable environmental services and solutions for 14
million commercial, industrial, municipal and residential
customers.Each day, Republic empowers more than 31,000 exceptional
employees to do their best work. The Company takes pride in the
commitment to the safety of employees and communities; customer
engagement; environmental stewardship and sustainable practices;
community involvement, and innovation in all aspects of its
business operations. Republic strives to be an employer of choice
for top talent and works to create and maintain an environment that
attracts, develops and retains people who are aligned to serve
customers and preserve the planet.
Keywords: Republic Services, Flint , Maintenance Shop Technician B, Professions , Flint, Michigan
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!