Contingent Animal Handler
Company: Methodist Children's Home Society
Posted on: May 28, 2023
The Animal Handler position helps to maintain new programs,
animal area, equipment, and resource materials set forth by the
equestrian supervisor. The Animal Handler will assist the
Equestrian supervisor with programs, implementing new strategies,
and all activities that involve all animals in the care of the
Fowler Center. -
- Provide medical treatment, such as administering medications
and vaccinations, or arrange for veterinarians to provide more
- Exercise animals to maintain their physical and mental
- Mix food, liquid formulas, medications, or food supplements
according to instructions, prescriptions, and knowledge of animal
- Feed and water livestock and monitor food and water
- Clean stalls, pens, and equipment, using disinfectant
solutions, brushes, shovels, water hoses, or pumps.Education and
- High School Diploma or equivalent required.
- 1-3 years of experience with horseback riding and animal
- Maintain a valid driver's license and driving record that is
acceptable and meets requirements of the agency's insurance
carrier.Knowledge Requirements: -
- Knowledge of storage/handling techniques of animal feed.
- Basic animal handling skills and confidence to do so.
- Appropriate use animal tools including but not limited saddles,
reins, farrier equipment.
- Safety measures including appropriate use of protective
equipment, safe lifting, and animal handling.
- Safe and appropriate use of cleaning supplies -MCHS offers a
generous compensation package which includes medical and dental
benefits, 401k with match, professional development opportunities,
and more! - -MCHS is an equal opportunity employer where employment
is based upon personal capabilities and qualifications without
discrimination because of race, ethnicity, religion, sex, age,
marital status, national origin, disability, sexual orientation,
veteran status, or any other protected characteristics as
established by law. - This policy extends to all policies and
procedures related to the recruitment and hiring, compensation,
benefits, termination, and all other terms and conditions of
employment. - -Powered by JazzHR
Keywords: Methodist Children's Home Society, Flint , Contingent Animal Handler, Professions , Mayville, Michigan
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!
Loading more jobs...