Unit Technician - ED
Company: MyMichigan Health
Posted on: March 17, 2023
Unit Technician Position Summary:
The unit technician performs and assists with individual activities
of daily living as well as certain treatments for patient care
under the direction and supervision of the Registered Nurse
according to established policies, procedures and guidelines.
Maintains adequate levels of supplies per established levels and
runs errands for the unit when necessary. Acts as receptionist for
the unit by answering inquiries, offering assistance and providing
directions to patients, visitors, other departments, and physicians
in a friendly and cooperative manner.
Why You Will Love Being a Unit Technician at MyMichigan Health:
- MyMichigan Health is a technology driven organization.
- Benefits and immediate paid time off (PTO) available.
- Growth opportunity within the team including on-the-job
Certain benefits may vary based on your employment status.
A Day in the Life of a Unit Technician at MyMichigan Health:
- (5%)* Maintains adequate levels of all supplies in patient
servers and closets on each shift according to control list.
Ensures that the servers are maintained in a neat and orderly
- (5%)* Assists in returning/obtaining needed supplies/equipment
to/from other departments as needed (e.g., Dietary, Laboratory,
Radiology, Pharmacy, Materials Management, Central Processing,
- (5%)* Assists in pulling and returning old charts to Health
- (5%)* Distributes water to patients appropriately and on a
- (5%)* Assists in keeping hallways of nursing units uncluttered
and clear of inappropriate furniture/equipment, etc.
- (5%)* Reports to RN patient concerns or other pertinent
information regarding the condition of patients on a timely
- (5%)* Assists in cleaning charts and organizing and cleaning
the nurses' station.
- (5%)* Obtains linen from extra linen cart in Environmental
Services to fill patient servers, supply closets, and linen cart as
- (5%)* Accounts for all RN+ units. If not in patient use,
assures that unit is plugged into battery charger.
- (5%)* Assures that temperature log for patient refrigeration /
freezer is maintained daily.
- (5%)* Communicates messages to unit nursing personnel and
therapists regarding patients/patient care-related activities; runs
errands for the unit when necessary. This includes assisting with
obtaining supplies, requisitions, equipment, blood products,
- (5%)* Coordinates appointments for patients with other Hospital
Departments, as appropriate.
- (5%)* In a timely manner, notifies the appropriate Department
of new orders, either by entering in electronic medical record or
- (5%)* Communicates new physician orders to RN/MLPN/MHT-2, such
as changes in medication and/or diet, treatments, activity orders,
procedures and STAT or now orders, etc.
- (5%)* Notifies appropriate physician/department of orders for
- (5%)* Answers/utilizes the unit telephone, intercom/patient
call system and hospital paging system appropriately.
- (5%)* Acts as receptionist for the unit by answering inquiries,
offering assistance and providing directions to patients, visitors,
other departments, families, other nursing staff and physicians in
a friendly and cooperative manner.
- (3%)* Ensures that Kardexes are kept up to date and
- (3%)* Files all reports on the patient's medical record,
accurately and on a timely basis.
- (3%)* Transcribes physicians' orders to the Kardex and
appropriate areas of electronic medical record accurately.
- (3%)* Assists with set-up for non-scheduled C-sections.
- (3%)* Assists staff with placement of non-invasive monitoring
Requirements We Are Looking For:
- High School Diploma or GED required.
- CNA, PCT, LPN, or EMT certification required.
Other Duties and Responsibilities:
- Operate equipment as outlined on orientation checklists,
policies, and procedures.
- Participate in equipment in-services and competencies as they
relate to role expectations.
- Perform job skills outlined on orientation checklist as they
relate to role expectations.
*NOTE: PHYSICAL/MENTAL REQUIREMENTS MAY BE APPLICABLE WITH THIS
Refer to job description for a complete list of requirements.
Keywords: MyMichigan Health, Flint , Unit Technician - ED, Professions , Alpena, Michigan
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!
Loading more jobs...