Company: MyMichigan Health
Posted on: March 16, 2023
Electrician Position Summary:
This position repairs, installs, replaces, and tests electrical
circuits, equipment, and appliances, using hand tools and testing
instruments to supply electrical power for lighting and equipment
operations at the Medical Center.
Why You Will Love Being an Electrician at MyMichigan Health:
- MyMichigan Health is a technology driven organization.
- Benefits and immediate paid time off (PTO).
- Growth opportunity within the team including on-the-job
Certain benefits may vary based on your employment status.
A Day in the Life as an Electrician:
- (25%)* Inspects and tests electrical lighting, signal,
communication, and power circuits and equipment, as well as
- (25%)* Repairs electrical circuits and equipment. Dismantles
electrical machinery. Replaces faulty or defective mechanical and
electrical parts. Restores electrical systems.
- (25%)* Installs new wiring and electrical machinery. Studies
blueprints and diagrams to ascertain layout location, and
specifications of items to be installed.
- (25%)* Estimates quantities of materials needed and prepares
Requirements We Are Looking For:
- High school diploma or GED.
- Electrician License.
- Knowledge of electrical construction, blueprint reading,
electricity, mathematics and physics as normally acquired through
completion of trade or vocational school. State of Michigan
- Must have knowledge of NEC, NFPA, and local regulations.
Knowledge of solid state, power panel control.
Other Duties and Responsibilities:
- Performs minor carpentry, plastering and painting in connection
with electrical work.
- May perform work other than electrical in maintenance and
- Instructs and/or helps less experienced maintenance personnel
as required and/or directed.
- Copes with and handles discrepancies and variations from
regular system or procedure, which may occasionally arise.
- Completes records and provides informational data on a timely
basis. Instructs and/or helps less experienced Maintenance
- Maintains records and performs other duties as required
including, but not limited to, snow/ice removal and grounds
Must have ability to work alone or with others.*NOTE:
PHYSICAL/MENTAL REQUIREMENTS MAY BE APPLICABLE WITH THIS
Refer to job description for a complete list of requirements.
Keywords: MyMichigan Health, Flint , Electrician, Professions , Alpena, Michigan
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!
Loading more jobs...