Michigan Eye Surgery Center Certified Scrub Technician, Flint
Company: Alene Candles
Posted on: January 13, 2022
Michigan Eye Surgery Center is looking for an experienced
full-time Scrub Technician to join our Surgical team.
What does this position do?
Prepares instruments for procedures, undertaking appropriate
assembly and disassembly, cleaning, disinfection, and sterilization
- Works in the operating room under the oversight of the
- Checks the availability and condition of supplies and equipment
needed for procedures.
- Sets up sterile tables with instruments, supplies, and
equipment needed for a procedure.
- Performs appropriate counts with the circulating nurse prior to
the operation and before the incision is closed.
- Assists in gloving surgeons and draping the sterile field.
- Passes instruments and equipment to the surgeon during
- Prepares sterile dressing.
- Cleans operating rooms between procedures and assists other
team members in terminal cleaning.
Education and Experience:
- High School Diploma/GED or equivalent.
- Surgical SCRUB Technician Certificate, Diploma, or Associate
- Minimum one year of scrub experience in an OR preferred.
- Maintains active Basic Life Support Certification.
Essential Skills and Abilities:
- Reads, speaks, and understands the English language.
- Possesses visual and hearing acuity, with or without
- Possesses eye-hand coordination to move instruments.
- Able to handle, assemble, and troubleshoot procedure
- Able to stand, walk, bend, and stoop for up to (10) hours per
- Can move quickly in crowded conditions.
- Understands medical terminology and aseptic principles.
- The work schedule is Monday through Thursday, 10 hours per day,
ranging from 6:00 am to 4:30 pm, and a 30-minute lunch break.
- We have company-provided and voluntary Medical, Dental,
Life/AD&D, Short-Term and Long-Term Disability, HSA/FSA,
Accident, and Hospital Indemnity Insurance Plans, and a generous
- We offer 401(k) Plan with Company Match.
- We have (7) Paid Holidays and a generous Paid Time Off
- Compensation commensurate with experience and education.by
Keywords: Alene Candles, Flint , Michigan Eye Surgery Center Certified Scrub Technician, Flint, Professions , Flint, Michigan
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!