Customer Service - Donor Support Technician
Company: CSL Plasma
Posted on: November 22, 2021
Job DescriptionJob Description Summary Responsible for preparing
the donor, donor area and equipment for the pheresis process. Job
- Prepares the autopheresis machine for the pheresis
- Monitors the donor and the pheresis process, responds to
specific alarms or signals that may occur during the process.
- Disconnects the donor when the process is complete.
- Maintains alertness and awareness to any reaction donor may
have during or after the pheresis process and notifies appropriate
- Uses Personal Digital Assistant (PDA) to record incidents that
occur during the pheresis process, such as machine alerts and
alarms, volume variances and donor adverse events.
- Uses PDA to link equipment and soft goods used in the pheresis
process to the appropriate donor.
- Alerts Group Leader or Supervisor of donor flow issues.
- Ensures the accurate recording of donor data in the electronic
donor information management system as outlined in the Standard
Operating Procedures (SOPs).
- Understands the policies and procedures associated with hyper
immune programs at the center if applicable.
- Maintains clean efficient work environment, and ensures
sufficient operating supplies and forms are available as needed.
Follows all Health Safety & Environmental (HSE) and Occupational
Safety and Health Administration (OSHA) policies and procedures.
Promotes safety in all actions.
- Maintains confidentiality of all personnel, donor and center
- May be cross-trained in other areas to meet the needs of the
- Bilingual skills may be required, at the discretion of the
organization, to meet the needs of the business.
- Perform job-related duties as assigned. Education
- High school diploma or equivalent required Experience
- Minimum of three (3) months' work experience, preferably in
medical or health provider environment or equivalent combination of
education and experience
- Must be able to perform basic math calculations Working
Conditions (physical & mental requirements)
- Ability to understand, remember and apply oral and/or written
- Ability to understand and follow basic instructions and
- Must be able to see and speak with customers and observe
- Occasionally perform tasks while standing and walking up to
100% of time
- Reach, bend, kneel and have high level of manual dexterity
- Occasionally be required to lift and carry up to 25 pounds
- Fast paced environment with frequent interruptions
- Frequently exposed to hazardous chemicals, extreme temperatures
and to blood borne pathogens
- Required to wear Personal Protective Equipment while performing
specific tasks or in certain areas
- Required to work overtime and extended hours to support center
operational needs All qualified applicants will receive
consideration for employment without regard to race, color,
religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability,
veteran status, national origin or other legally protected
classifications. Please note, we may not have an immediate need at
the present time; however we are always interested in speaking to
well qualified candidates for future openings. If you are
interested in exploring a career with CSL, please apply. We may
have both full-time and part-time positions available. Someone will
follow up depending on the current needs, but please be aware
correspondence may not be immediate.About UsWith operations in 35+
nations and -27,000 employees worldwide, CSL is driven to develop
and deliver a broad range of lifesaving therapies to treat
disorders such as hemophilia and primary immune deficiencies, and
vaccines to prevent influenza. Our therapies are also used in
cardiac surgery, organ transplantation and burn treatment.CSL is
the parent company of CSL Behring and Seqirus. CSL Behring is a
global leader in the protein biotherapeutics industry, focused on
bringing to market biotherapies used to treat serious and often
rare conditions. CSL Behring operates CSL Plasma, one of the
world's largest collectors of human plasma, which is used to create
CSL's therapies. Seqirus is one of the largest influenza vaccine
companies in the world and is a transcontinental partner in
pandemic preparedness and a major contributor to the prevention and
control of influenza globally.We invite you to take a look at the
many career possibilities available around the globe and consider
building your promising future at CSL by becoming a member of our
Keywords: CSL Plasma, Flint , Customer Service - Donor Support Technician, Professions , Flint, Michigan
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!