Company: Feyen Zylstra
Posted on: May 4, 2021
Feyen Zylstra (FZ) is an Industrial Technology and Electrical
Services firm committed to the ongoing growth of its business
through strategies that build upon our reputation as an innovative
problem solver and an employer of choice. Financial and cultural
health are central to our success. Headquartered in Grand Rapids,
MI with offices in Nashville, TN; Charleston, SC; Traverse City,
MI; and Kalamazoo, MI, FZs 700+ employees are focused on the most
complex industrial and institutional clients in the Midwest and
Southeastern United States.Successful employees at FZ have a
passion for people, a commitment to results, and a desire to be
part of a highly functioning team. Our team is data driven,
innovative, collaborative, and committed to the success of those
around them. This position reports to a Construction, Service or
Low Voltage leader. This role is responsible for electrical
installation, troubleshooting and maintenance within complex
commercial and industrial settings and teaching and mentoring
apprentices. Primary Responsibilities include but are not limited
- Installs, maintains and troubleshoots electrical systems in
compliance with the National Electric Code.
- Provides teaching, coaching and mentoring to apprentices
learning the trade.
- Travels to regionally based customer locations to perform
complex industrial and commercial work in construction, service
and/or low voltage system scenarios.
- Maintains compliance with all OSHA, FZ, and customer safety
requirements and company policies.
- Works without direct supervision and helps lead
- Bends and installs conduit, installs lighting and basic control
- Performs wire and cable pulls.
- Installs motor feeders and makes standard motor
- Participates in safety talks, audits, and related safety
- Immediately identifies, corrects, and/or reports any unsafe
acts, conditions, or incidents.
- Cleans and maintains job site, tools, and vehicles.
- Works collaboratively with internal and external partners.
- Completes work with a focus on safety, quality and a sense of
- Participates in CPR, First Aid and OSHA 10-hour training.
- Performs other related duties as required and assigned. Key
- High school diploma or GED
- Possesses and active Journeypersons license
- Strong knowledge of the most recent National Electrical
- Proficient in the use of Microsoft Word, Excel and Outlook and
comfort with technology
- Skilled at reading and following blueprints and electrical
- Mechanical/technical aptitude and a passion for teaching others
in this area
- Ability to informally lead others, including directing work and
coaching for improvement
- Demonstrated focus on safety, quality, customer service and
- Operates with honesty and integrity
- Self-driven, reliable and able to work independently even under
- Solid planning, organizing, time management, communication and
problem solving skills
- Strong team work and collaboration with peers and leaders
- Ability to travel regionally to project sites, work overtime
and in varied weather conditions required
- Ability to work at elevated heights, and to lift up to 50 lbs
as neededWe offer generous benefits, competitive compensation, paid
time off, training and development, opportunity for growth, a safe
work environment and the chance to work with a winning team in a
great company culture. Candidates are required to pass a pre
employment drug screen. FZ is an Equal Opportunity Employer and
considers applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex,
national origin or other protected classes.
Keywords: Feyen Zylstra, Flint , Electrician, Professions , Alpena, Michigan
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!