Company: Huhtamaki US
Posted on: April 10, 2021
Inspired to grow with your experience, learn and share with new
colleagues? Huhtamaki is a key global provider of sustainable
packaging solutions for consumers around the world, enabling
wellbeing and convenience. Our innovative products protect
on-the-go and on-the-shelf food and beverages, ensuring hygiene and
safety, and help prevent food waste. We are committed to protecting
food, people and the planet and are on the lookout for passionate
and consummate professionals to join our growing team to help us
deliver on our ambitious 2030 Strategy. We look for colleagues who
Care, Dare and Deliver. Essential Duties and Responsibilities
include the following. This list is not all encompassing and other
duties may be assigned.
- Works safely and applies safe practices at all times, using
proper safety devices and techniques when working in and around
- Immediately respond to situations as they arise within the
- Accurately diagnose and resolve electrical problems.
- Troubleshoot and repair electrical systems of all equipment and
- Troubleshoot and repair various electrical components on
equipment and machinery.
- Program PLC electrical systems and troubleshoot.
- Use, and accurately read, precision measuring equipment.
- Electrically maintain various systems like air, water, and
- Perform preventative maintenance on electrical systems as
- Assemble and repair electrical systems of all equipment.
- Apply knowledge to improve the electrical procedures within set
- Layout a Bill of Material for any job.
- Install electrical conduit, pull wire disconnects and service
boxes for various equipment and machinery.
- Connect power supply wires to machines and equipment and
connect cables and wires between machines and equipment.
- Accurately complete all work order documents in a timely
manner. Qualifications: To perform this job successfully, an
individual must be able to perform each essential duty
satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of
the knowledge, skill, and or ability required. Reasonable
accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities
to perform the essential functions. Education and/or Experience
High School graduate or GED equivalent. Electrical Certification or
in Apprenticeship program. Minimum of one year working in an
industrial environment. Have, or able to obtain, a State of
Michigan Electrician's license and fork lift license.
Communication/Language Skills Ability to read and interpret
documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance
instructions, procedure manuals and drawings. Ability to write
routine reports and correspondence. Ability to speak effectively
before groups of employees of the organization. Ability to speak
effectively with suppliers and/or contractors. Mathematical Skills
Ability to perform basic electric calculations involving power,
voltage, amperage, resistance and power factor for single and three
phase systems. Ability to apply concepts of basic algebra and
geometry. Reasoning Ability Ability to apply common sense and
understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral,
or diagram form. Ability to deal with problems, involving several
concrete variables in standardized situations. Physical Demands The
physical demands described here are representative of those that
must be met by the employee to successfully perform the essential
functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to
enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential
functions of the position. While performing the duties of this job
the employee must be able to:
- stand in a designated area for long periods of time.
- lift 30 pounds on a regular basis with no assistance and
heavier weights with assistance.
- occasionally lift 30 pounds above shoulder height.
- stand, walk, bend, kneel, stoop, squat, and crouch.
- reach above, at, below, and to the side, while twisting body
and twisting at waist.
- climb stairs and ladders on an occasional basis.
- pull non-powered pallet jacks while loaded with up to 1000 lbs
- work on platforms at various heights.
- grip small pieces/parts
- twist hands at wrist while gripping and/or carrying items
Employee must have vision abilities required by this job which
- close vision - peripheral vision
- distance vision - depth perception
- color vision - ability to adjust focus Employee must have
sufficient hearing to be aware of sirens and horns which alert
people to danger. While performing this job, the employee must wear
PPE including respirators, arc flash suits, hearing protection, and
other PPE as needed for specific tasks. Employee must follow all
GMP's including wear of beard nets and hair nets. Work Environment
While performing the duties of this job the employee will work in
an environment with:
- above normal heat conditions - flashing lights
- noise levels exceeding 90 decibels - sirens and horns
- powered moving equipment passing nearby - light dust in the
- moving mechanical parts - hazardous chemicals The employee is
regularly exposed to moving mechanical parts. Hazardous chemicals
may be utilized to clean the equipment. Expected Hours of Work This
is a full-time position. Employee must be able to work various
hours and various shifts which may include overtime. The facility
is a 24/5 operation which may include working over weekends as
needed. Maintaining good attendance is required. Join us to shape
the future together!
Keywords: Huhtamaki US, Flint , Electrician, Professions , Coleman, Michigan
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!