Company: Crescent Hotels & Resorts
Posted on: May 16, 2020
JOB OVERVIEW: Supervise the implementation of all property and
equipment preventive maintenance and repairs, monitor life safety
systems and utilities and administer the department in compliance
with all corporate/franchise standards and local, state and
national codes and regulations to protect assets, guests and
associates. Responsible for the preventative maintenance and repair
of the hotel's mechanical/electrical systems and equipment, and for
the general maintenance and upkeep of the physical plant, FF&E,
grounds, etc. as defined by Crescent and brand standards.
REPORTS TO: General Manager
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
* Interview, hire, train, recommend performance evaluations,
resolve problems, provide open communication and recommend
discipline and/or termination when appropriate.
* Troubleshoot and repair malfunctions in mechanical or electrical
systems (e.g., HVAC, plumbing) and other equipment throughout the
* Perform preventative maintenance assignments on a scheduled
* Respond in a courteous manner to all guest questions, complaints,
and or requests to ensure strong guest satisfaction.
* Communicate with hotel department heads to become aware of
maintenance needs and ensure timely response to internal
* Service the hotel's pool, including adjusting chemicals and
cleaning filters; completing maintenance request forms and record
* Maintain the building exterior and "curb appeal" (e.g., snow
removal, lawn care, painting, and gardening).
* Maintain franchise standards and follow-up on inspection
* Coordinate compliance of service contracts.
* Implements and maintains Crescent's preventative maintenance
* Implement and maintain Crescent's room care programs.
* Implement and maintain Crescent's engineering department minimum
* Assist General Manager with annual Capital Plan development.
* Actively participate in Crescent's Safety Plan and energy
* Communicate both verbally and in writing to provide clear
direction to staff.
* Comply with attendance rules and be available to work on a
* Perform any other job related duties as assigned.
REQUIRED SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
* High school diploma or equivalent.
Must have the ability to communicate in English.
* Minimum five years' experience in Engineering management.
* Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules and
as Lockout, Tag out, and MSDS.
* Ability to write reports, keep logs and correspondence.
* Luxury Hotel Engineering experience preferred
* hotel pre-opening experience preferred
* Experience leading and directing teams and Engineering
* Ability to analyze problems and formulate plans to get work done
procurement of materials, parts, etc., and necessary scheduling
arrangements with a
high degree of quality.
* Ability to train and instruct other members of the staff by
passing along knowledge
* Understanding and ability to convey to associates that we operate
7 days a week, 24
hours a day and it may be necessary to move shifts to accommodate
Self-starting personality with an even disposition. Maintain a
professional appearance and manner at all times. Can communicate
well with guests. Must be willing to "pitch-in" and help co-
workers with their job duties and be a team player. Must be able to
recognize potential safety hazards and security problems in the
hotel and act upon each accordingly. Be skilled in several areas
such as HVAC, electrical, carpentry, drywalling, painting,
plumbing, roofing, and landscaping. Must be able to troubleshoot
and repair routine mechanical and electrical malfunctions in hotel
systems and equipment. Must be willing and able to be responsive to
complaints about maintenance.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner
discriminate against employees or applicants because they have
inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of
another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access
to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as
a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of
other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise
have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is
(a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance
of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an
investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the
contractor s legal duty to furnish information. 41 CFR
Keywords: Crescent Hotels & Resorts, Flint , Chief Engineer, Professions , Flint, Michigan
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!