Center Operations Specialist
Company: United Service Organizations (USO)
Posted on: May 27, 2023
Why join our team?
With a mission that spans the globe, the USO provides a rewarding
and fulfilling work environment. Our team is exceptional, and we
offer generous paid time off, including volunteer days and military
leave. We have a remarkable 401k match, comprehensive benefits, and
opportunities for training and education reimbursement. Our team
members are passionate about putting the mission first, and we have
a lot of fun while doing it. Working for the USO isn't just a job -
it's a calling, and we believe in doing what you love and loving
what you do.
Don't just take our word for it. An independent external survey
- 97% of employees enjoy their work
- 90% are satisfied with their pay and benefits
- 95% would recommend working here to friends and family
- 95% would recommend our USO services to a friend.
The Center Operations Specialist is responsible for maintaining a
warm, friendly, inviting environment for troops as well as
assisting with the day-to-day activities of a USO Center during an
Principal Duties and Responsibilities (*Essential Duties)
- Assist with management of operational procedures during
assigned shift, including but not limited to opening and/or
closing, key control, Emergency Preparedness Plan compliance, and
following safety and security protocols.*
- Monitor readiness and availability of activity and lounge areas
(i.e. check-in area, coffee/snack stations, gaming, telephone, and
computer rooms). Maintain standards of cleanliness for all
facilities and equipment.*
- Supervise volunteers during assigned shift, ensuring that
quality customer service and support is provided and staffing
levels are consistent with service delivery standards. Engage and
interact with visitors.*
- Monitor supply inventory and replenish stock.*
- Assist with programs and events as needed.*
- As directed by Center Operations & Programs Manager and/or
Regional Leadership, assume responsibility for center operations as
- Other duties as assigned.
- High School Diploma or equivalent. Bachelor's Degree
- 0-2 years work experience in a retail, customer service,
recreation facility or related role. Relevant experience in a
not-for-profit, military, multicultural and/or global organization
- Strong interpersonal and customer service skills. General
knowledge of military community preferred.
- Proficiency using computers and electronics equipment. General
knowledge of various software, applications, and programs including
but not limited to Microsoft Office Suite.
- Demonstrated ability to exercise sound judgment related to
controversial and/or culturally sensitive subjects. Ability to
handle confidential information with tact and poise.
- Must be punctual, organized and self-motivated, with the
ability to quickly and easily adapt to changing organizational
- Ability to achieve desired results while working
collaboratively in a team environment.
- Ability to perform basic math and follow proper cash/donation
handling and reporting procedures.
- Ability to obtain and maintain proper credentials necessary to
access USO Center locations and facilities including but not
limited to security, credit and/or background screening, SOFA
status, valid driver's license.
- Must be a strong advocate of the USO's mission to lift the
spirits of America's troops and their families.
- This position a temporary position through August 31, 2023
located at Camp Grayling, Michigan. Preference will be given to
local candidates within commuting distance to the
- USO locations will adhere to local area and DOD guidelines
regarding COVID vaccination/testing requirements. Employees may be
required to be vaccinated or tested regularly per local
- Resume and cover letter are required for full
- Background check - education, criminal and driving
- The statements contained herein describe the scope of the
responsibility and essential functions of this position but should
not be considered to be an all-inclusive listing of work
requirements. Individuals may perform other duties as assigned
including work in other areas to cover absences or relief to
equalize peak work periods or otherwise balance the workload.
If that's not enough to convince you, here are some direct quotes
- The organization truly cares about the people who work
- I have been with the USO for 4 years and have consistently been
able to grow in my knowledge and position. It is a fun place to
work and my work/life balance is manageable. The way the
organization has handled COVID has been top notch - I never felt
fearful that I would lose my job or be put in a situation where I
did not feel safe. The benefits are great - PTO and 401k matching
are top level.
- There is great consideration given and extended in the
following areas: organizational core values for all, work-life
balance, impact we can actually see (and even experience as a staff
member- the feeling of making an impact is priceless), autonomy
with respect to current position within the organization.
- Everyone is friendly and easy to talk to. We collaborate well
together and share ideas and interests to create fun activities for
our overall goal in the community. I couldn't think of a better
organization to work for.
- The mission alone provides a positive and meaningful purpose,
where people should want to work and be a part of. Most of the
people who work for the USO and volunteer for the USO have giving
hearts and want to make a difference. This also makes the
organization a place where people would want to work.
- The mission and opportunities to make a Difference are amazing.
There is no doubt that the USO is one of the most forward-facing,
frontline serving nonprofits that I know of.
Apply today and be a force behind the forces
Keywords: United Service Organizations (USO), Flint , Center Operations Specialist, Other , Grayling, Michigan
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!
Loading more jobs...