Patient Access Representative - McLaren Careers
Company: McLaren Health Care
Posted on: May 25, 2023
Under the direction of the Patient Access Registration Front Line leadership team, the Patient Access Registrar is accountable to ensure a smooth timely registration/admission process.
**Essential Functions and Responsibilities**
1. Accurately and efficiently performs registration and financial functions via Electronic Medical Record (EMR) to include: thorough interviewing techniques, registers patients in appropriate status, following registration guidelines while ensuring the accurate and timely documentation of demographic and financial data; obtains the appropriate forms and scans into the medical record as per department protocol.
2. Greet customers promptly with a warm and friendly reception.
3. Collects, documents, scans all required demographic and financial information.
4. Direct patients to appropriate setting, explaining, and apologizing for any delays.
5. Always maintains professionalism and diplomacy, following specific standards as defined in the department professionalism policy.
6. Estimates and collects copays, deductibles, and other patient financial obligations
7. Manage all responsibilities within Compliance guidelines as outlined in the Hospital and Department Compliance Plans and in accordance with Meaningful Use requirements.Applies recurring visit processing according to protocol.
8. May facilitate use of electronic registration tools where available (Wacoms, iPads, etc.).
9. Performs duties otherwise assigned by Management.
+ High school diploma or equivalent required
+ 1-year experience in a customer service role or health care industry.
+ Working knowledge of Windows, Excel, Word, Outlook, Cerner, EPIC or other EMR system, Electronic Eligibility System and various websites for third party payers for verification is preferred
Medical terminology preferred
**Equal Opportunity Employer of Minorities/Females/Disabled/Veterans**
We are committed to encouraging and sustaining a work environment free of unlawful harassment, discrimination, and/or retaliation. We are an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer committed to providing employment opportunity without regard to an individuals race, color, age, religion, sex/pregnancy (including pregnancy/childbirth or pregnancy/childbirth-related conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, genetic information, or any other status prohibited by applicable laws. We also make good faith efforts to recruit, hire, and promote qualified women, minorities, individuals with disabilities, and veterans.
Keywords: McLaren Health Care, Flint , Patient Access Representative - McLaren Careers, Other , Lapeer, Michigan
here to apply!