Company: Flint Genesee Job Corps Center
Posted on: March 17, 2023
PositionSecurity Officer Reports To Senior Security Officer
Department Safety & Security FLSA STATUSNon-Exempt - Full Time
Primary Position Objectives Responsible for planning, developing,
implementing, overseeing, and integrating safety and security
programs for the Center. Must be available to work any shift and
day of the week due to a 24/7 operation. Brief Description of
- Ensures and enforces all laws, rules and policies within
his/her scope of authority.
- Foot patrols all assigned areas and remains alert for
disturbances, fires, safety hazards, traffic violators, suspicious
acts and/or persons, and other unusual conditions.
- Aids and assists visitors, student employees and staff in every
- Performs building security and safety checks.
- Receives complaints and performs appropriate
- Provides transportation service as needed.
- Investigates vehicle accidents at the Center.
- Issues visitor passes and temporary parking permits.
- Performs main entrance duty.
- Assists staff in quelling disturbances.
- Prepares written accident reports and other reports as
- Coordinates recruiting, selecting, and training of security
- Participates in preparation and enforcement of Center's safety
and fire prevention program.
- Conducts daily briefing with security cadets that cover
assignments, proper dress, and procedures.
- Provides written and oral reports, briefings, or summaries to
- Ensures all equipment is properly maintained.
- Provides vehicle checks to entering and exiting traffic.
- Adheres to required property control policies and
- Works towards meeting performance standard goals.
- Complies with all DOL guidelines, OFCCP regulation, Quality
Assurance Plan (QAP), Serrato policies and procedures, Job Corps
notices and bulletins, and Center policies and procedures.
- Demonstrates and abides by Serrato Corporation's core values
and operating principles.
- Maintains good housekeeping in all areas and complies with
- Follows CDSS plan and Code of Conduct system daily.
- Helps students become more employable through continuous
- Models, mentors, monitors appropriate Career Success
- Participation in PRH mandated staff training is mandatory. -
Failure to participate may result in disciplinary actions up to and
including termination. - -
- Assists in maintaining student security and accountability
during training, day and evening, by continuously walking through
those areas where students are being trained, having lunch,
participating in dorm activities, recreational activities, and
monitors grounds over entire Center.
- Performs other duties as assigned. Key Competencies Performance
Standards/Results Effective Communication
- Presents information both clearly and concisely and regularly
confirms correct interpretation of information.
- Very high standard of communication skills both written and
verbal for the presentation of facts and ideas.
- Shows professional non-verbal body language and actively
listens to others. - Organization of Work
- Action oriented. Demonstrates the ability to handle several
projects simultaneously with decision making, flexibility, and
- Implements the key principles of time management, task
allocation and priority assignment in addition to personal
- Shows attention to detail and ability to complete work with the
highest level of accuracy and efficiency.
- Continually seek ways to improve employment service provided
via development of professional skills and personal growth.
- Demonstrates professional interpersonal skills when interacting
with others. Abides by Serrato Corporation's Healthy Workplace
- Acts as team player and builds professional relationships with
coworkers to achieve goals. Qualifications
- To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to
perform each essential duty satisfactorily.
- Computer Literacy with basic computer functions, email,
internet, and basic programs such as Adobe Acrobat.
- Knowledge in operating security and surveillance equipment.
- Knowledge of basic security procedures.
- High level of good judgement and observation skills. -
Experience Two years security, law enforcement, military, or
related experience. - Safety related training preferred. - At least
one year in a residential living setting and background in youth
programs preferred. - - - - - Education High School Diploma or
equivalent required. - Associates Degree preferred. Certificates,
Licenses, Registrations Valid State Driver's License. Physical
Demands The physical demands described here are representative of
those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the
essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be
made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the
essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the
employee is regularly required to sit, stand, and walk; to reach
with hands, arms, talk, and listen. The employee is occasionally
required to sit; to use hands and fingers to handle or feel; to
taste and to smell. The employee must be able to occasionally lift
and/or move up to 40 pounds. Specific vision capabilities required
by this job include close vision, distance vision, and peripheral
vision. Physical stamina is required to handle a full shift of
being active and patrolling around the center. Work Environment The
work environment characteristics described here are representative
of those an employee encounters while performing the essential
functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to
enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential
functions. - While performing the duties of this job, the employee
is occasionally exposed to outdoor weather conditions. The noise
level can vary from moderate to loud. Benefits Offered
- Paid Short Term / Long Term Disability and basic life
- Health care insurance available (medical, dental, vision,
critical illness, accident, HSA, and FSA)
- Paid Holidays
- Paid Time Off
- 401K -& 401K -Matching
- Tutiton Reimbursement -
- Employee Assistance Counseling Service ProgramDisclaimers
- Serrato Corporation is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
- Serrato Corporation conducts background checks and drug
Keywords: Flint Genesee Job Corps Center, Flint , Security Officer, Other , Flint, Michigan
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!
Loading more jobs...