Imaging Services Technologist
Company: MyMichigan Health
Posted on: January 26, 2023
Imaging Services Technologist Position Summary:
This position accurately applies ionizing radiation for radiologic
diagnosis, including skills required in performing a variety of
technical procedures, resulting in the highest quality diagnostic
computed tomography (CT), with the least amount of radiation
exposure to the patient. Additionally, this position will perform
radiographic examinations. Gains patient cooperation and reduces
anxieties, provides explanations of imaging procedures, explains
equipment and answers questions.
Why You Will Love Being an Imaging Services Technologist at
- MyMichigan Health is a technology driven organization.
- Benefits and immediate paid time off (PTO) available.
- Growth opportunity within the team including on-the-job
Certain benefits may vary based on your employment status.
A Day in the Life of an Imaging Services Technologist at MyMichigan
- (60%)* Performs computer tomography studies following protocol.
Is able to differentiate between normal and abnormal anatomy and
will tailor exams in accordance with patient history obtained,
protocol, and Radiologist instruction.
- (25%)* Performs high quality radiographic examinations with
accurate positioning and proper technique by following established
standards. Minimizes radiation exposure to staff and patients by
practicing radiation protection techniques. Positions patient and
equipment appropriately to accurately demonstrate the area being
examined, requiring extensive anatomic positioning skills. Adjusts
technical factors to provide appropriate exposure by use of
independent judgement, knowledge of human anatomy, effect of
disease and principles of radiation
- (15%)* Administers IV and oral contrast as required for
procedures according to protocols. Follows departmental protocol
and institution guidelines for delivery of IV contrast material.
Monitors patients' physical and mental condition throughout the
entire procedures. Records any and all patient data
Requirements We Are Looking For:
- Associate's Degree Required
- ARRT registry or registry eligible required
- ARRT CT required within three years of hire date
Other Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provides clinically relevant information to assist physicians
with diagnosis and treatment of patients.
- Performs surgical and portable radiographic procedures as
- Prepares exam room and ultrasound equipment to conduct
sonography examinations in accordance with infections disease,
sterilization, and patient safety protocols, policies, and
*NOTE: PHYSICAL/MENTAL REQUIREMENTS MAY BE APPLICABLE WITH THIS
Refer to job description for a complete list of requirements.
Keywords: MyMichigan Health, Flint , Imaging Services Technologist, Other , Alpena, Michigan
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!