Company: MyMichigan Health
Posted on: January 24, 2023
Summary The Radiographer, under the supervision of the Radiology
Supervisor, performs diagnostic x-ray examinations taking into
consideration all specific age groups as well as known disease and
prepares necessary supplies accordingly. The Radiographer performs
front desk duties; x-ray aide duties; performs darkroom duties; is
responsible for the observation of radiation safety practices;
performs miscellaneous related duties; performs other duties as
- Performs Diagnostic x-ray examinations as ordered by the
physician according to routine view outlined in the
policy/procedure manual to aid the physician in the diagnosis and
treatment of patients varying in age: infants, children, adults and
- Performs high quality radiographic examinations and other
related procedures, with accurate positioning, proper technique
with maximum detail. Provides proper radiation protection for
patients, self and others by use of collimation on all films,
utilization of lead aprons and shielding of all patients as
appropriate and operates under the standard set and approved by the
Department of Public Health and American College of Radiology.
- Performs excellent patient care procedures and techniques to
comply with departmental standards.
OTHER DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Is responsible for the observance of radiation safety
- Performs duties of an x-ray aide and clerk as needed.
- Works collaboratively with other health team members and
enhances working relationships.
- Demonstrates a positive, courteous, and helpful attitude to
others. Maintains a professional appearance, adheres to the dress
code, and wears the appropriate ID badge.
- Consistently strives to exceed the customer's expectations and
promotes patient satisfaction.
- Is familiar with and participates in performance improvement
- Regularly attends department meetings and in-services. If
unable to attend the meeting, keeps abreast of the changes through
review of minutes, posttests, or other mechanisms of
- Participates in competency offerings and successfully meets
- Performs computer tomography studies following protocol.
- Is able to differentiate between normal and abnormal anatomy
and will tailor exams in accordance with patient history obtained,
protocol, and radiologist instructions.
- Administers IV and oral contrast as required for procedures
according to protocols. Follows department protocol and institution
guidelines for delivery of IV contrast material. Monitors patient
physical and mental condition throughout the entire procedure.
Records all patient data.
- Performs daily QC of bone density unit, obtains and documents
patient history pertaining to medications and bone history, and
Knowledgeable of detailed anatomy and abnormalities of the forearm,
lumbar vertebrae and femur.
EXPERIENCE, TRAINING AND SKILLS
Prior CT experience.
Mandatory tuberculosis (TB) testing must be done annually.
Mandatory Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA)
training must also be completed annually according to the Exposure
CERTIFICATIONS AND LICENSURE
- ARRT - Reg Radiologic Technologist Required
Equivalent Experience - 11/1/2020 Must be ARRT credentialed (ARRT)
(R) with in one year of hire or transfer date.
- ASRT M - Amer Society of Rad Tech Mammography
- BLS - Basic Life Support Required Equivalent Experience -
Within 1 month of hire or transfer
Education: Associates Degree Comments: Degree in Health care
Related Field. Successful completion of an AART approved program in
Radiologic Technology. Prior CT experience
Keywords: MyMichigan Health, Flint , Radiologic Technologist, Other , Gladwin, Michigan
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!