Front Desk Attendants
Company: Holiday Inn Express & Suites Alpena-Downtown
Posted on: November 25, 2022
*Holiday Inn Express & Suites Alpena-Downtown is currently
hiring for Part-Time Front Desk Attendants to join our Guest
Services team. We are looking for individuals who have previous
customer service experience and who have a passion for providing
guests the best experience during their stay. Typical shifts for a
Front Desk Attendant will be either 7:00AM - 3:00PM, or 3:00PM -
11:00PM during the week and weekends, depending on our business
demand. If you are interested in learning more, please submit your
resume today to be considered.*
A _*Front Desk Attendant*_ is often the first and last person a
guest will encounter during their stay. This means providing the
highest quality of hospitality service is not only a duty, but a
passion. From arrival to departure and every point of contact in
between, a _*Front Desk Attendant*_ is expected to be friendly,
knowledgeable and efficient. As the front line of the hotel, it is
your mission to meet and exceed the expectations of guests.
High school diploma or General Education Diploma is required.
Additional studies in hospitality are encouraged.
*Knowledge, Skills and Ability*
* Must have the ability to speak, understand, read and write the
* Must be able to multi-task effectively in a busy office and
* Must have the ability to apply appropriate resolution to
* Must read and understand the Employee Handbook.
* Must be able to follow policy and perform to enhance
professionalism in appearance and behavior.
* Must be able to compute basic mathematical calculations including
addition, subtraction, multiplication and division.
* Must be able to perform basic computer skills (including Excel,
Word, and E-Mail).
*Duties and Responsibilities*
_*Safety & Cleanliness*_
* Know and be able to execute Emergency Procedures.
* Practice safety standards at all times and keep the property safe
for guests and fellow employees. Report any injuries or unsafe
conditions to management.
* Prevent any person(s) not registered as a guest from the use of
hotel amenities (pool, fitness, breakfast, etc.) Loitering is not
permitted at the hotel.
* Maintain front porte-cochere by picking up trash, shoveling snow,
melting ice, etc.
* Ensure cleanliness of all guest public areas at all times (i.e.
vestibule, lobby, pool, and public restrooms).
* Know and live the mission and values of the hotel brand and
* Directly responsible for overall guest satisfaction during every
interaction from confirmed reservation to the guest departure.
* Maintain a friendly and helpful attitude at all times.
* Greet every guest with a smile at 10 feet and a verbal greeting
at 5 feet.
* Answer the phone within three rings with a smile and approved
* Apply appropriate problem handling method(s) to quickly and
efficiently resolve any guest issues.
* Respond to in-house guest requests within 15 minutes unless
otherwise specified by guest.
* Handle guest mail, messages and safe deposit boxes as outlined in
* Effectively operate the hotel computer system or property
* Develop a thorough knowledge of hotel staff, services, room
locations, room rates, amenities, and hotel surroundings (i.e.
shopping, restaurants, and medical facilities)
* Possess a working knowledge of hotel reservation and cancellation
* Ensure guest reservations have full and accurate contact
* Know guest loyalty program and accurately represent the brand's
* Administer existing member's benefits according to brand
* Recruit new loyalty program members.
* Monitor room availability, selling strategies, and rate
* Knowledge of current package rates, group rates, local and
national negotiated rates.
* Execute group reservations, manage blocks and cut off dates.
* Handle meeting/conference room inquiries, booking, and
* Communicate with colleagues in all departments to meet needs of
* Follow all cash handling procedures including the hotel credit
and check cashing procedures.
* Open and close shift correctly. Make cash drops in accordance
with proper cash handling procedures to ensure rotating banks stay
at predetermined amount.
* Count bank at beginning and end of shift. Report all cash
over/shorts to management. Comply with hotel and department
* Knowledge of multiple different payment methods and billing
procedures of guest reservations.
* Wash, dry, fold and bundle hotel linens and towels during down
times and/or as needed.
* Maintain complimentary coffee bar.
* Complete shift work checklist as assigned.
* Must successfully complete education related to assigned duties
* Other duties as assigned.
Public, business atmosphere, located near building entrance in
which temperatures may vary within reason of indoor climates.
Lifting and carrying up to 10 lbs. may occur and with assistance,
moving up to 50 lbs. Must be able to stand for long periods of
Job Type: Part-time
Pay: $13.00 - $13.50 per hour
* Employee assistance program
* Employee discount
* Referral program
* Monday to Friday
* Weekend availability
* Are you willing to undergo a background check for this
* Front desk: 2 years (Preferred)
* Hospitality: 2 years (Preferred)
* Customer service: 2 years (Preferred)
* Opera PMS: 2 years (Preferred)
Work Location: One location%58047475%
Keywords: Holiday Inn Express & Suites Alpena-Downtown, Flint , Front Desk Attendants, Other , Alpena, Michigan
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!