Company: Koppert Biological Systems
Posted on: August 7, 2022
Who We Are
Koppert Biological Systems is the worldwide market leader in
integrated pest management and disease management. Every day,
Koppert Biological Systems helps growers and farmers around the
world to combat pests and diseases in a natural and sustainable
way. In this way, we hope to make an active contribution to a
sustainable society, with safe food in sufficient quantities to
feed a rapidly growing population. Our Research & Development has
frequently been the source of biological solutions, which were
subsequently adopted worldwide.
The R&D Scientist merges analytics and systematic investigation
with specialized knowledge of the biology and mass production of
beneficial insects to help drive successful production programs at
Koppert. Working cross-functionally, you will actively contribute
to the development and continuous improvement of production
processes, in order to ensure efficient, cost-effective,
You will engage in a variety of assignments under the scope of
R&D. You will be expected to perform additional tasks outside
of your core responsibilities in support of other departments
including Quality Assurance, Materials Planning and Logistics, and
Duties and Responsibilities
- Continually develop knowledge of our products and their
production to become an internal subject matter expert.
- Manage project/trial workflows and the organized documentation of
experimental results from conceptualization through execution,
troubleshooting, analysis, and communication of outcomes.
- Effectively translate research questions into practical, testable
- Independently perform hands-on bench or field work.
- Ensure the execution and timely completion of high-quality
- Leverage analytics to facilitate increased understanding and
improvement of production/biological systems.
- Support development of product specifications and quality metrics
to deliver optimal product and process performance.
- Provide guided leadership and/or support for concurrent,
independent or collaborative research projects. Successfully
interact and align with various functional roles to drive project
- Provide support to Quality Assurance, Materials Planning and
Logistics, and Production.
Skills and Qualifications
- Demonstrated capabilities in experimental design and execution
within biological/production systems.
- Applied knowledge in statistics, data/database management and
- Ability to effectively communicate technical information to
expert and non-expert stakeholders in written and verbal form.
- Effectively prioritizes workload in a timely and proactive
Education and Experience
- Master's degree in entomology (preferred), ecology, horticulture,
animal science or related field or Bachelor's degree with three to
five years of relevant experience. Ph.D. holders with a successful
track record of research in entomological systems and/or product
development are encouraged to apply.
- Experience using statistical software packages (i.e. Minitab, R,
etc.) to analyze data sets of varying complexity.
- Experience and comfort conducting husbandry of live animals
and/or rearing of insects in a laboratory setting.
- Experience and comfort conducting research in a field and/or
- Experience with PCR and other various microbial techniques.
- General office environment: works at a desk in a well-lit,
air-conditioned, shared space, with mild to moderate noise
- General laboratory environment: works in a wet lab, containing
various types of chemicals and potential hazards.
- General production/field environment: occasionally works in
Production/field to facilitate trials.
- Regular exposure to common allergens associated with pollen,
bumble bees, mites, and other live insects.
- Regular exposure to hot or humid conditions and outdoor weather
- Domestic/International travel occasionally required.
What We Offer
Koppert Biological Systems contributes to better health of people
and the planet through our products and our people to support
Global Sustainability. The working atmosphere is informal. We are a
family company and closely involved with everything that happens
within and outside our company. We are consistently looking at ways
of improvement and continuing to invest in our employees. This has
made us pioneers in the international market when it comes to
biological crop protection and sustainable cultivation systems.
Comprehensive Benefits Package to include Medical, Dental, and
Vision insurance, Employer funded Health Savings Account, Tuition
Reimbursement, Employer 401K Match, Life Insurance, Wellness
Program Initiatives, Employee Assistance Program, Volunteer Day,
Koppert Gear, and Generous PTO!
Koppert Biological Systems is a veteran-friendly, Equal Opportunity
Employer. Qualified applicants will be considered without regard to
race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, sexual
orientation, marital or veteran status, disability, or any other
legally protected status. If you want to join a global and growing
organization submit your cover letter and resume. At Koppert, we
learn something every day!
Keywords: Koppert Biological Systems, Flint , R&D Scientist, Other , Howell, Michigan
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!