Company: Mid Michigan Health
Posted on: June 25, 2022
Security Officer Position Summary:
This position performs routine patrols, writes incident reports,
responds to non-emergency and emergency calls throughout the entire
campus and as requested by security supervision.
A day in the life as aSecurity Officer with MyMichigan
- (20%)* May escort patients to and from various departments
within the facility at the request of clinical staff and may escort
visitors to render assistance in directions or way finding
- (20%)* Escorts employees to and from their vehicle, as
requested or assigned by the Security Supervisor or the Security
- (20%)* Assists with helicopter flight operations.
- (20%)* Responds to hospital emergency overhead pages as
determined by security dispatch.
- (20%)* Monitors and pages all fire codes, as received on the
fire monitor system located in security dispatch.
OTHER DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Monitors and reports alarms received on the S&D alarm
panel, generator alarm panel, HVAC computer, Medical Air Gases
- Answers all calls for assistance, received on the security
emergency phone line or facilities help line.
- Creates a maintenance work order for all calls received on the
facilities help line.
- Enters information from maintenance job logs and work orders
into the TMS application.
- Monitors CCTV system for any and all suspicious circumstances,
dispatching a security officer when required.
- Conducts continuous random patrols, utilizing the patrol
vehicle, bicycle, or foot patrol.
- Secures and unlocks doors, as prescribed by policies or
procedures, or at the direction of the Security Manager and
- Notifies the Security Manager and/or Supervisor via chain of
command, for any and all major incidents that occur of facility
- Enforces parking policy, as directed.
- Responds to all calls received from the public, hospital staff,
and the security dispatcher.
- Responds to all panic alarms located throughout the
- Responsible for enforcing that all contractors that are working
above the ceiling and/or have removed a ceiling tile have a yellow
copy of the "Above Ceiling Access Permit" permit. Writes reports as
required by policies.
- Follows all departmental and hospital policies and
- All other duties as assigned.
REQUIRED EDUCATION EXPERIENCE, TRAINING AND SKILLS:
- High school diploma or equivalent required.
- Current Drivers License.If driving a company vehicle must be
eligible under the hospital insurance guidelines.
- Interpersonal skills needed to communicate successfully with
individuals and groups.
- Ability to interact with people at all levels to communicate
information in a clear and understandable manner.
- Mandatory Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA)
training must be completed annually according to the Exposure
PHYSICAL/MENTAL REQUIREMENTS AND TYPICAL WORKING
CONDITIONS:Exposure to stressful situations, including those
involving public contact, as well as, trauma, grief and death.Able
to wear personal protective equipment that includes latex materials
or appropriate substitute if required for your position. Is able to
move freely about facility with or without an assisted device and
must be able to perform the functions of the job as outlined in the
job description.Overall vision and hearing is necessary with or
without assisted device(s). Frequently required to sit/stand/walk
for long periods of time. May require frequent postural changes
such as stooping, kneeling or crouching.Some exposure to blood
borne pathogens and other potentially infectious material.Must
follow MidMichigan Health bloodborne pathogen and TB testing as
required.Ability to handle multiple tasks, get along with others,
work independently, regular and predictable attendance and ability
to stay awake.Overall dexterity is required including handling,
reaching, grasping, fingering and feeling.May require repetition of
these movements on a regular to frequent basis.Physical Demand
Level: Light.Must be able to occasionally (0-33% of the workday)
lift or carry 11-20 lbs., frequently (34-66% of the workday) 10
lbs. and or Walk/Stand/Push/Pull of Arm/Leg controls.
#ZR Associated topics: countermeasure, monitor, patrol, public
safety, public safety officer, security officer, surveillance, tsa,
Keywords: Mid Michigan Health, Flint , Security Officer, Other , Alpena, Michigan
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!