Environmental Compliance Specialist
Posted on: May 16, 2022
The Electronics & Industrial (E&I) business, which is a part
of Dupont Specialty Products is looking for motivated environmental
compliance professional to support our Healthcare Industries
Material -manufacturing site located in Hemlock, Michigan. - This
role is part of a several member EHS team that's making a
difference and transforming into a high performance EHS culture at
the site. This environmental compliance role will lead and maintain
environmental programs, policies, and processes to achieve
regulatory compliance. - Other subject matter experts provide
general support for Site EHS programs and policies. - This position
reports to the EHS Regional Hub Leader.This growing FDA and OSHA
PSM regulated facility produces industry-leading pharmaceutical
tubing, medical devices, fluid and adhesive products that are used
within the Healthcare Industry. - Electronics & Industrial business
is a leading innovator with unmatched materials integrations
expertise, built upon our recognized strong customer relationships
and our global market presence. -Accountability and
- Serve as the technical lead on matters relating to the site's
air, water and waste infrastructure relative to regulatory
compliance programs and emissions.
- Interpret local, state and federal environmental regulations
then develop and implement environmental compliance programs,
inspections, and guidance documents to ensure site compliance.
- Drive emissions reduction and sustainability initiatives.
- Verify accuracy of emission calculations and estimates for
routine emissions as well as maintenance, startup and shutdown
- Maintain and submit accurate compliance reports and
- Develop and provide technical guidance and best practices to
various departments regarding their responsibilities to the
- Monitor and report environmental compliance metrics on program
effectiveness to site leadership team and associated teams.
- Collaborate with Engineering and Operations during the design
and installation phase of facilities to ensure compliance with
- Troubleshooting environmental operational issues Build
effective relationships with regulatory bodies, laboratories, and
service providers for regulatory compliance program.
- Host regulatory site visits and inspections.
- Drive incident investigations to identify root cause and
corrective/preventive actions related to environmental
- Conduct internal 1st Party Audits and Field Environmental
Assessments to ensure compliance with DuPont Standards and Federal,
State and Local regulations.
- Develop and deliver professional meeting presentations to
stakeholders including regulators and other officials.
- Ensure compliance with company and site environmental
- Supports the management of change (MOC) process as a change
owner, subject matter specialist (safety) and change action owner
for environmental matters.
- Develop and conduct facility training sessions as it relates to
air, water and waste regulations to ensure compliance and enhanced
- Be a visual presence on the production floor and provide
counsel, advice and support to other functions on all safety,
health and environmental and security related matters.Required
- Bachelor's Degree in Environmental Science, Environmental
Engineering, Chemistry, or a related Technical degree from an
- Experience in a manufacturing regulatory compliance
- EHS functional/technical expertise with strong knowledge of
safe work practices, auditing, record keeping, root cause
investigation, and preparing/delivering training.
- Organizational priority-setting skills, bias for action,
effective written and verbal communication skills in English.
- Ability to connect with operators and mechanics and persuade
line organizations in safe behaviors and practices.
- Ability to work independently, contribute within a team, and
actively engage and partner with manufacturing and technical
- Working knowledge of EHS management practices, processes, and
expectations is preferred.Soft Skills
- Ability to influence
- Technical writing abilities
- Clear, effective communication of complex information to all
levels of employees, management, and regulators
- Ability to establish effective working relationships with
contractors, co-workers, and other professionals
- Practical problem solvingEHS Specific
- Working knowledge of EPA and other State or Federal
- Generating and submitting Environmental Reports
- Project managementDuPont is an equal opportunity employer.
Qualified applicants will be considered without regard to race,
color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity,
marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability or
any other protected class. If you need a reasonable accommodation
to search or apply for a position, please visit our -.For US
Applicants: See the "Equal Employment Opportunity is the Law"
poster at: -For our U.S. Affirmative Action Policy, -.
Keywords: Dupont, Flint , Environmental Compliance Specialist, Other , Hemlock, Michigan
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!