Company: COPOCO Community Credit Union
Location: Bay City
Posted on: May 15, 2022
Job DescriptionKeyholder Teller - Full TimeLocation of Position:
Main Office - Wilder Bay CitySalary: NegotiableDays:
Monday-SaturdayHours: 40 HoursPrimary FunctionServe member by
completing account transactions while providing a professional and
valuable member experience. Maintain accurate transactional
records, providing basic cash receipt and payment services in
accordance with credit union policies and procedures.Fill the
internal control role of the department when needed. Answer routine
questions on products and services, or rules and regulations.
Teller Skills and QualificationsMember service, attention to
detail, general math skills, verbal / written communication skills,
integrity, selling to member needs, people skills, financial
skills, keyboarding skills, 10-key calculator skills, ability to
learn software, thoroughness and clear documentation skills.
Proficient in Excel and Word software.Accountability - Ability to
accept responsibility and account for his/her actions.Accuracy -
Ability to perform work accurately and thoroughly.Adaptability -
Ability to adapt to change in the workplace.Assertiveness - Ability
to act in a self-confident manner to facilitate completing a work
assignment.Communication - Ability to communicate effectively and
productively with others.Member Oriented - Ability to serve the
needs of our members while following the Credit Union policies and
procedures.Professionalism - Behaving in such a way others view you
as competent, reliable and respectful.
- Greet and welcome all members to the credit union in a
courteous, professional, and timely manner, providing prompt,
accurate, and efficient member transactions. (Deposits and loan
payments, cashing checks, issuing withdrawals, recording night and
mail deposits, selling cashier's checks, receiving payment for
varied utility companies, answering questions in person or on
telephone, and referring other credit union services.)
- Cross promote credit union products & services by answering
inquiries, informing members of new services and product
promotions, ascertaining member needs, and efficiently directing
members to another department representative.
- Employee must follow all compliance with BSA / OFAC Policies
and Procedures and any other compliance with regulations pertaining
to job position. (Record transactions by logging cashier's checks,
on-us checks & money orders, in addition to other special services,
preparing currency transaction reports.)
- Receive share drafts/checks and cash for deposit to accounts,
verify amounts, examine share drafts/checks for proper endorsement,
and accurately enter deposits into our computer system. All
deposited checks must comply with Regulation CC for
- Process withdrawals from accounts after verifying the members
ID, and enter withdrawals into system accurately. Also receive
mortgage, consumer loan, home equity, visa payments and other
payments, and ensure the payments match the correct member number
and account suffix.
- Process cashier checks, money orders, gift cards, credit card
cash advances, process Pay-By-Phone transactions for members,
process payments for approved utility companies.
- Processes change of addresses, closing accounts, taking orders
for checks, opening and closing Christmas club accounts, providing
special statements, copies and referrals and any other member
account information as requested.
- Reconciles cash drawer by proving cash transactions; counting
and packaging currency, coins, reconciling payments, turning in
excess cash and mutilated currency to the vault, and maintaining
appropriate supply of coin & currency in drawer. Research and
resolve discrepancies. Report any discrepancies to the supervisor
immediately. Contact account holder to resolve discrepancy.
- Responsible for processing checks into the Check 21 system,
processing night deposits, balancing the cash dispenser, all
- Responsible for unalarming or alarming the building.
- Responsible for loading, unloading and balancing the MasterCard
and Visa cards and close out reports at the end of the business
- Balances daily to the branch report. Research and resolve
discrepancies. Report any discrepancies or teller over/shorts to
the Supervisor as necessary. Help teller research and resolve
- Follows and completes opening/closing and any other implemented
checklists daily or as assigned.
- Maintain up-to-date and comprehensive knowledge on all credit
union products and services.
- Maintain up-to-date and comprehensive knowledge of marketing
promotions and Credit Union goals.
- Comply with and maintain an up-to-date and comprehensive
knowledge on all related policies and procedures, rules and
regulations (but not limited to) all dual-control functions;
maintaining member traffic flow, and robbery procedures.
- Report malfunctions of teller equipment in a ticket to the
- Volunteer for Community Events the credit union supports. For
example, Bay County Relay for Life. Record all volunteer hours
(events where you represent COPOCO Community Credit Union), within
payroll system under Community Involvement or Business
- Attend educational courses, seminars, programs and workshops to
increase job knowledge.
- Contributes to team effort by performing other tasks that may
be assigned by Supervisor or Management.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS:Physical Abilities: Standing, walking, sitting,
reaching outward, reaching above shoulders, squating, kneeling,
bending. Lift / Carry: 10-75 poundsPush / Pull 300 pounds or less
(wheeled coin machine)
Job Posted by ApplicantPro
Keywords: COPOCO Community Credit Union, Flint , Keyholder Teller, Other , Bay City, Michigan
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!