Thermoforming Operator L1
Company: Huhtamaki US
Posted on: January 16, 2022
Inspired to grow with your experience, learn and share with new
Huhtamaki is a key global provider of sustainable packaging
solutions for consumers around the world, enabling wellbeing and
convenience. Our innovative products protect on-the-go and
on-the-shelf food and beverages, ensuring hygiene and safety, and
help prevent food waste.
We are committed to protecting food, people and the planet and are
on the lookout for passionate and consummate professionals to join
our growing team to help us deliver on our ambitious 2030 Strategy.
We look for colleagues who Care, Dare and Deliver.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following.
This list is not all encompassing and other duties may be
* Works safely and applies safe practices at all times.
* Removes and installs form tool inserts, when applicable.
* Verifies and documents the equipment settings, process settings,
and product specifications prior to start up and/or taking over the
* Starts up the former, trim press and support equipment in a safe,
* Operates former adhering to predetermined parameter settings for
the specific job.
* Troubleshoots the process by identifying, analyzing, and
correcting problems in form, trim, lip roller, and bagging
* Immediately notifies Packers and QA of defective product.
* Inspects finished product routinely and records inspections.
* Accurately records process data including downtime, stroke
counts, labor, product information, etc. on daily shift reports
and/or project reports and forwards reports to the Supervisor.
* Communicates and coordinates activities with appropriate
personnel, both inside and outside of the department including
Maintenance, Warehouse, Tooling, and QA.
* Performs Line Clearance at the end of each production run and
prior to initiating the following start up of the next job.
* Identifies and labels film, corrugate, and other process
* Cleans former, trim press, and immediate support equipment and
maintains a clean, organized, safe work area continuously
throughout the shift.
* Adheres to and complies to all General Manufacturing Practices
* Applies knowledge to improve production processes and procedures
within set standards.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to
perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed
below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and or ability
required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable
individuals with disabilities to perform the essential
Education and/or Experience
High school graduate or GED equivalent preferred but not required.
Previous grinder experience helpful and one to two years' previous
thermoforming experience preferred. Possess a valid State of
Michigan drivers license. Previous fork lift driving experience
Ability to read and interpret documents including, but not limited
to, safety rules, policies, procedures, quality specifications, and
written reports or correspondence. Ability to communicate
effectively with others.
Ability to add, subtract, multiply and divide in small units of
measure using whole numbers, fractions and decimals.
Ability to apply common sense and understanding to carry out
instructions furnished in written, oral and diagram form. Ability
to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in a
The physical demands described here are representative of those
that must be met by the employee to successfully perform the
essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be
made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the
essential functions of the position.
While performing the duties of this job the employee must be able
* stand in a designated area for long periods of time.
* lift 30 pounds on a regular basis with no assistance and heavier
weights with assistance.
* occasionally lift 30 pounds above shoulder height.
* stand, walk, bend, kneel, stoop, squat, and crouch.
* reach above, at, below, and to the side, while twisting body and
twisting at waist.
* climb stairs and ladders on an occasional basis.
* pull non-powered pallet jacks while loaded with up to 1000 lbs of
* work on platforms at various heights.
* grip small pieces/parts
* twist hands at wrist while gripping and/or carrying items
Employee must have vision abilities required by this job which
* close vision
* peripheral vision
* distance vision
* depth perception
* color vision
* ability to adjust focus
Employee must have sufficient hearing to be aware of sirens and
horns which alert people to danger. While performing this job, the
employee must wear PPE, follow GMP's, be trained in knife
While performing the duties of this job the employee will work in
an environment with:
* above normal heat conditions
* noise levels exceeding 90 decibels
* light dust in the air
* flashing lights
* sirens and horns
* powered moving equipment passing nearby
Expected Hours of Work
This is a full-time position. Employee must be able to work various
hours and various shifts which may include overtime. The facility
is a 24/7 operation which includes weekdays and weekends.
Maintaining good attendance is required.
Join us to shape the future together!
Keywords: Huhtamaki US, Flint , Thermoforming Operator L1, Other , Coleman, Michigan
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!