Claims - Sr PIP Adjuster, MI
Company: The Hanover Insurance Group
Posted on: November 22, 2021
Our Claims team is currently seeking a Sr. PIP Adjuster in our
Howell, MI location.
The Hanover Insurance Group has adopted a Hybrid work model that
allows for 2 or 3 days of remote work each week with the balance of
time being in the office.
This is a full time, exempt role.
Responsible for the investigation, negotiation and resolution of
claims in accordance with policy provisions, best practices and
jurisdictional requirements. Includes the input of claim data and
guiding insureds and claimants through the claim process and
IN THIS ROLE, YOU WILL:
- Have or secure and maintain appropriate states adjuster
license(s) and continuing education credits.
- Work within significant limits and authority on assignments of
higher technical complexity and coordination.
- Use discretion and independent judgment in claim handling
- Possess demonstrated technical knowledge and skills, including
product and industry, reflective of successful progression through
various job family levels.
- Handle Claims of greater complexity and will require a higher
level of investigation, analysis, evaluation and negotiation
including interpretation of commercial coverage's.
- Be responsible for all aspects of each claim, including
informal hearings, arbitrations and small claims litigation and
maintaining a high level of productivity, confidentiality and
- Identify possibly suspicious claims
- Handle Claims that involve moderate to high complexity,
severity and exposures including litigation.
- Have authority levels higher in recognition of the higher
proficiency associated with this level.
- Take recorded statements
- Work with the Special Investigations Unit to resolve and
negotiate settlementWHAT YOU NEED TO APPLY:
- Bachelor's Degree or equivalent experience.
- Typically 3 - 10 years experience
- Possess strong customer service skills and behaviors
- Maintain constructive working relationships despite differing
- Strong organizational and time management skills
- Ability to negotiate skillfully in difficult situations with
both internal and external groups
- Demonstrates strong written and verbal communication skills.
Promotes and facilitates free and open communication.
- Understanding of applicable statutes, regulations and case
- Think critically and anticipate, recognize, identify and
develop solutions to problems in a timely manner.
- Easily adapts to new or different changing situations,
requirements or priorities.
- Operates with latitude for un-reviewed action or decision.
- Proficient using paperless Claims systemsThis job posting
provides cursory examples of some of the job duties associated with
this position. The examples provided are not complete, and the
position may entail other essential and job-related functions and
responsibilities that employees will be required to perform.
We offer comprehensive benefits to enrich your health, financial
security, and work/life balance. At The Hanover, you'll enjoy what
you do and have the support you need to succeed. Benefits
- Medical, dental, vision, life, and disability insurance
- 401K with dollar-to-dollar company matching up to 6%
- Tuition reimbursement
- Paid time off
- 9 company holidays
- Flexible spending account
- Health savings accountEEO statement:
"The Hanover values diversity in the workplace and among our
customers. The company provides equal opportunity for employment
and promotion to all qualified employees and applicants on the
basis of experience, training, education, and ability to do the
available work without regard to race, religion, color, age,
sex/gender, sexual orientation, national origin, gender identity,
disability, marital status, veteran status, genetic information,
ancestry or any other status protected by law.
Furthermore, The Hanover Insurance Group is committed to providing
an equal opportunity workplace that is free of discrimination and
harassment based on national origin, race, color, religion, gender,
ancestry, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability,
marital status, veteran status, genetic information or any other
status protected by law."
As an equal opportunity employer, Hanover does not discriminate
against qualified individuals with disabilities. If you require a
reasonable accommodation, as a candidate for employment, please
inform The Hanover Talent Acquisition office.
Applicants who are California residents: To see the types of
information we may collect from applicants and employees and how we
use it, please click here.
Keywords: The Hanover Insurance Group, Flint , Claims - Sr PIP Adjuster, MI, Other , Howell, Michigan
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!