Machine Operator/Machinist III (3rd Shift, 15% Premium)
Company: Orchid Orthopedics
Posted on: November 19, 2021
SUMMARY OF POSITION
The CNC Machinist III position contributes to the production of
medical devices by operating and performing set ups of CNC 3, 4 and
5+ Axis machines. He/she is responsible for completing assigned
jobs independently from start to finish across many machining
platforms. He/she runs multiple and varying CNC machines
simultaneously, such as Lathes, EDM Wire, Plunge, CMM, and Swiss
Turn machines in addition to operating manual machine tools to cut,
drill, shape, and finish quality products with no supervision.
Experience in CNC machining across multi-axis or multiple CNC
machines, in a manufacturing work environment required.
Our openings are in the following areas, working on a variety of
BRI - Shift 3 (15%) (United States of America - Michigan)
WHAT YOU WILL DO
- Performs set ups of 3,4, & 5+ Axis CNC machines.
- Operates multiple machines simultaneously.
- Monitors the machine to ensure proper program performance.
- Completes shop work orders, inspection documentation, and daily
- Makes off sets and adjustments to machines without
- Troubleshoots problems and escalates to technical experts and
leadership as necessary.
- Advocates for the health and safety of self, co-workers,
customers, and the community.
- Support quality and compliance by adhering to all procedures,
work instructions, and forms per the Quality Management Systems
- Completes all required training.
WHAT WE ARE LOOKING FOR
3+ Years of machining experience in a manufacturing environment
(Required), Experience in Medical Device Manufacturing (Preferred),
Lean manufacturing experience (Preferred)
High School Or Equivalent Required, , ,
Machining - Trade School
KNOWLEDGE & SKILLS THAT ENABLE SUCCESS
Accuracy and Attention to Detail (Extensive Experience), Blueprint
Reading (Subject-Matter Expertise), Communication (Working
Experience), Data Entry (Working Experience), GD&T
(Subject-Matter Expertise), Handwriting (Basic Knowledge),
Information Processing (Extensive Experience), Machine Set Up
(Subject-Matter Expertise), Mathematical Ability (Working
Experience), Problem Solving (Working Experience), Quality
Inspection Metrology Tools (Extensive Experience), Visual Quality
Assurance (Extensive Experience)
WHAT WE OFFER
- Opportunity to work in a growing company
- Ability to help people live a longer, more active life
- Comprehensive benefit package
- Ability to work in an organization that values:
- Integrity First: We do the right thing
- Teamwork: We are one Orchid
- Results: Our results matter
- Constantly operates machinery.
- Constantly positions self to operate machinery in a variety of
- Constantly visually inspect parts
- Occasionally lifts and/or moves up to 20 pounds
- Ability to work mandatory overtime and weekends as
- Frequently quickly grasp objects
- Candidates offered employment may be required to submit to a
pre-employment background check and pre-employment drug-screening
based on position requirements
- Candidates must be able to provide proof of eligibility to work
in the United States through eVerify
EOE, including disability/vets Associated topics: automated
machinery, automatic, cnc, cnc machine, cnc machining, computer
aided design, computer numeric control, computer aided design,
computer aided manufacturing, fabrication
Keywords: Orchid Orthopedics, Flint , Machine Operator/Machinist III (3rd Shift, 15% Premium), Other , Bridgeport, Michigan
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!