Patient Transportation - Support Helper I
Location: Grand Blanc
Posted on: October 14, 2021
We Are Hiring:
Patient Transportation - Support Helper
PT Nights (8% shift differential): 1a - 9:30a &
12:15a - 6:45a, some weekends & holidays
Benefit Eligible Position
Ascension Genesys Hospital - Grand Blanc,MI
Ascension Genesys Hospital is a state-of-the-art community teaching
hospital with 410 beds, a level 2 emergency trauma center with a
cardiac rapid diagnostic center, the Genesys Heart Institute, the
Family Birthing Center, and expanded clinical expertise in
neurosciences, orthopedics, geriatric services, oncology, and
surgical procedures in almost every specialty area including
minimally invasive and robotic procedures. We offer rewarding
career paths for healthcare professionals across all
disciplines. Ascension offers a collaborative environment
with competitive wages and opportunities for
What You Will Do:
dental, vision, life insurance, and a retirement plan with
programs and holistic growth opportunities
Perform a variety of tasks, such as:
housekeeping, materials management, clerical, maintenance and
transportation. Assist professional hospital staff rendering
service to patients and their family. Demonstrates knowledge,
skills, and abilities to provide care to the age group(s)
What You Will Need:
- Demonstrate an understanding and commitment to the philosophy
and objectives of Patient-Focused Care, continuous quality
improvement, team interaction, and the mission and values of
- Maintain patient rights and the confidentiality of patient
- Transport, transfer and move patients (via wheelchair,
stretcher, or as an escort if the patient is ambulatory) in a safe
and efficient manner.
- Assist in patient service as directed.
- Deliver equipment, specimens, patients or records
- Maintain adequate inventory in stock rooms, stock carts, linen
cards and other areas as assigned.
- Keep and maintain records as required.
- Properly prepare and maintain supplies, linen and
- Clean and maintain equipment as directed.
- Maintain established departmental policies, procedures and
objectives to provide for quality, and safety.
- Project a positive attitude and public relations image at all
- Perform other duties as directed such as clerical.
- Perform housekeeping duties such as cleaning department rooms,
bathrooms and halls. Dusts and vacuums. Linen and trash
- Provides general maintenance duties.
- Essential Functions:
- Lift, move, assist, and prepare patients for procedures. Moves
and uses standard equipment. Mobile throughout the hospital.
Ability to lean, stoop, bend to floor, reach and retrieve items at
- Plan and follow directions. Follow oral and written
instructions and orders. Good problem solving and analytical
skills. Must be able to plan and organize shift duties without
close supervision or direction.
- Must be able to effectively communicate orally, in writing and
by telephone with patients, physicians, other hospital staff,
patient families, supervisors and hospital visitors. Must be able
to hear warning signals, i.e., whistles, buzzers, or beeps.
- Must possess excellent interpersonal skills with patients,
physicians, other hospital staff, families, supervisors and
- Maintain all required records. Ability to operate hospital
- Normal manual dexterity.
- Must be physically and mentally capable of performing all of
the essential duties of the position including the ability to see,
hear, bend, stoop, pull, climb, walk, reach, move, lift and carry
objects weighing up to 60 pounds.
- Working Conditions:
- Risk of exposure to blood and body fluids, communicable
diseases, hazardous chemicals, infectious diseases. Lifts, pushes,
and pulls patients, wheelchairs, stretchers, beds, and fully
stocked carts. Majority of time is spent indoors standing, walking
- Orientation Requirements:
- All employees are required to participate in the following
orientations: New employee orientation, Department
- High School diploma or equivalent from an accredited program
required or Prefer 6 months or more
comparable work experience
Why Join Our Team:
- Prior medical experience preferred.
employs over 20,000 compassionate caregivers across 16 hospitals
and hundreds of related healthcare facilities. Our care teams are
dedicated to providing spiritually centered, holistic care which
sustains and improves the health of the communities we serve. We
provide generous paid time off for work-life balance, a
collaborative work environment, professional development
opportunities and more to help our associates flourish personally
and professionally. If you are looking for a rewarding career in
healthcare, we invite you to apply today.
Equal Employment Opportunity Employer:
When you join Ascension, you join a team of over 150,000
individuals across the country committed to a Mission of serving
others and providing compassionate, personalized care to all. Our
inclusive culture, continuing education programs, career coaches
and benefit offerings are just a few of the resources and tools
that team members can use to create a rewarding career path. In
fact, Ascension spent nearly $46 million in tuition assistance
alone to support associate growth and development. If you are
looking for a career where you can grow and make a difference in
your community, we invite you to join our team today.
Ascension Genesys is an equal
opportunity employer (EEO) and affords equal opportunity to all
associates and applicants without regard to race, color, religion,
national origin, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, physical
or mental disability, veteran status, genetic data, or other
legally protected status.
For further information regarding your EEO rights, click on the
following link to the “EEO is the Law” poster:
EEO is the Law Poster Supplement
Please note that Ascension will make an offer of employment only to
individuals who have applied for a position using our official
application. Be on alert for possible fraudulent offers of
employment. Ascension will not solicit money or banking information
Keywords: Ascension, Flint , Patient Transportation - Support Helper I, Other , Grand Blanc, Michigan
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!