Fuel Cell Development Engineer - Cathode Humidification System
Company: General Motors LLC
Posted on: October 14, 2021
The Gen3 Fuel Cell Balance of Plant (BOP) group is seeking a highly
qualified Development Engineer for Cathode Humidification System.
You will be responsible for developing the fuel cell cathode
humidification system to meet fuel cell system requirements and
resolving complex technical issues. You will need to be creative
and take initiative as well as use a high level of independent
discernment with respect to the material, chemical and mechanical
behavior of the fuel cell cathode humidification system.
We encourage Work Life Balance and support a FLEXIBLE schedule.
- Plan and coordinate work with suppliers to develop fuel cell
cathode humidification system to meet Gen3 fuel cell system
- Develop engineering designs and generate technical solutions
for advanced hardware.
- Plan, develop and execute tests aimed at characterizing
performance and durability of various fuel cell cathode
humidification system components.
- Develop analysis tools (VBA, Python, Matlab) and hardware
solutions to continuously improve fuel cell cathode humidification
components testing quality and capability.
- Manage fuel cell cathode humidification components test assets,
including prototype procurement, maintenance, and end of life
- Plan and coordinate end of life failure analysis testing with
subject matter experts, summarize and report results.
- Conduct thorough statistical analyses of experimental
- Prepare written reports of test results and present results to
a broader team.
- Interface with suppliers to ensure the development of
prototypes that meet GM requirements.
- Provide test direction to lab technicians and lead
- Consult with technical experts as required.
- Perform complex diagnostics and problem solving.
- Communicate, coordinate, and consult with engineering
departments and customers.
- Maintain diagnostic service documents and "lessons learned"
- Stay abreast of new product and test technology.
- Execute tests in accordance to GM procedures, ISO standards,
SAE and ECE, Federal Register (CFR) procedures, and GMS
- Quickly identify issues / problems and report to responsible
- Maintain a safe working environment.
Additional Job Description
- BS in engineering either chemical, material, mechanical, or
related engineering fields.
- 2+ years of experiences in product engineering design,
development, and testing.
- Experience in advanced engineering or research
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office a must; experienced using
VBA/Python/Simulink strongly preferred
- Must function well in a fast-paced, diverse engineering
environment and be flexible and adaptive to unexpected technical
issues and concerns.
- Hands-on, independent, self-motivated contributor with strong
problem-solving skills and a focus on innovation.
- Strong organization skills with high level of attention to
- Communication: strong oral, written and presentation
- Comfortable with setting up bench / component level testing to
understand root cause of the issue.
- MS in either chemical, material, mechanical, or related
- More than 3 years of experience in product engineering design,
development, and testing.
- Experience in fuel cells.
- Comfortable in dealing with undefined / under-defined
- Adaptable in dealing with evolving goals and targets.
Our vision is a world with Zero Crashes, Zero Emissions and Zero
Congestion and we embrace the responsibility to lead the change
that will make our world better, safer and more equitable for
Why Join Us
We aspire to be the most inclusive company in the world. We believe
we all must make a choice every day - individually and collectively
- to drive meaningful change through our words, our deeds and our
culture. Our Work Appropriately philosophy supports our foundation
of inclusion and provides employees the flexibility to work where
they can have the greatest impact on achieving our goals, dependent
on role needs. Every day, we want every employee, no matter their
background, ethnicity, preferences, or location, to feel they
belong to one General Motors team.
The goal of the General Motors total rewards program is to support
the health and well-being of you and your family. Our comprehensive
compensation plan incudes, the following benefits, in addition to
• Paid time off including vacation days, holidays, and parental
leave for mothers, fathers and adoptive parents;
• Healthcare (including a triple tax advantaged health savings
account and wellness incentive), dental, vision and life insurance
plans to cover you and your family;
• Company and matching contributions to 401K savings plan to help
you save for retirement;
• Global recognition program for peers and leaders to recognize and
be recognized for results and behaviors that reflect our company
• Tuition assistance and student loan refinancing;
• Discount on GM vehicles for you, your family and friends.
General Motors is committed to being a workplace that is not only
free of discrimination, but one that genuinely fosters inclusion
and belonging. We strongly believe that workforce diversity creates
an environment in which our employees can thrive and develop better
products for our customers. We understand and embrace the variety
through which people gain experiences whether through professional,
personal, educational, or volunteer opportunities.GM is proud to be
an equal opportunity employer.
We encourage interested candidates to review the key
responsibilities and qualifications and apply for any positions
that match your skills and capabilities.
Equal Employment Opportunity Statements
The policy of General Motors is to extend opportunities to
qualified applicants and employees on an equal basis regardless of
an individual's age, race, color, sex, religion, national origin,
disability, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression or
veteran status. Additionally, General Motors is committed to being
an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) Employer and offers
opportunities to all job seekers including individuals with
disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation to assist with
your job search or application for employment, email us
atCareers.Accommodations@GM.com. In your email, please include a
description of the specific accommodation you are requesting as
well as the job title and requisition number of the position for
which you are applying.
Keywords: General Motors LLC, Flint , Fuel Cell Development Engineer - Cathode Humidification System, Other , Pontiac, Michigan
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!