Invasive Cardiovascular Technologist / Cardiac Electrophysiology Specialist RCIS / RCES
Location: Grand Blanc
Posted on: October 10, 2021
We Are Hiring:
TECHNOLOGIST - RCIS / ELECTROPHYSIOLOGY SPECIALIST -
FT Day, 6:30a-5p, weekdays. variable on-call weeknights,
weekends, holidays *30 minute response time for
This is a great opportunity to gain experience with a
variety of cases. Our labs perform Vascular, Cardiac, and
What You Will Do:
Under general supervision, render patient
care in accordance with physician protocols to provide patient
comfort and well-being. Assist the physician in conducting all
invasive cardiac and therapeutic procedures by preparing equipment
and patients, functioning as scrub assistant, and/or recording all
hemodynamic and electrodigraphic data. Orient students and new
employees, assists in the care and maintenance of the department
are, equipment and supplies, acts as a resource person; assist with
patient transport; attend in-service meetings and keeps current on
cardiac catheterization laboratory procedures and equipment.
Demonstrates knowledge, skills and abilities necessary to provide
care to the age group(s) served.
What You Will Need:
- Prepare laboratory for performance of study by checking data
processing equipment for proper working order, calibrating analogue
recording equipment, and arranging surgical instruments using
appropriate aseptic technique.
- Verify patient's identity prior to procedure. Reviews patient's
chart to confirm existence of allergies and ensures appropriate
pre-operative lab and electrocardiograph studies have been carried
out, and appropriate pre-operative medications have been
administered. Checks for blood pressure, pulse, irregularities of
heart rhythm, removal of dentures and other processes, and ensures
intravenous infusion line is operating properly.
- Prepare patient for procedure by positioning patient on table,
connecting leads to an electrocardiogram, leveling transducers and
preparing site of entry for surgery. Reassures patient before,
during, and after procedure.
- Monitor patient's vital signs and electrocardiograph data
during procedure including recognition of arrhythmia, heart
blockage, and any pattern of physiologic changes. Monitors and
attends to patient's comfort during procedure, (i.e. emesis,
voiding, positioning, respiratory distress, vasovagal reaction, and
- Act as a patient/family educator prior to diagnostic test or
surgical procedure. Explain procedure, expectations, and answers
- Act as patient advocate when required; provides emotional
support, comfort to patients undergoing diagnostic or
- Administers/dispenses meds as authorized by hospital & ordered
- Monitor IV's, operative IV infusion pumps, oxygen, and suction
- Record cardiac data generated by patient testing procedures,
performs routine analysis, and prepares data for interpretation by
- Develop ability for electrode and generator analysis at time of
- Assist in care, maintenance of departmental area, equipment,
supplies. Alerts appropriate individuals of malfunctioning
equipment and supply needs.
- Assist with the orientation of students and new employees to
the catheterization laboratory.
- Assist with patient transport; maintains various records,
reports, files, and statistics, etc.
- Maintain knowledge of current trends and developments in the
field by reading appropriate books, journals and other literature,
and attending related conferences, seminars, and the like.
- Prepare sterile set-up of instruments and supplies for
diagnostic and therapeutic procedures. Function as a scrub
assistant to the physician for these procedures.
- Operate apparatus outside laboratory, such as Fick apparatus,
blood oximeter, densitometer, etc, in order to assess physiologic
parameters; handles non-sterile equipment, physiologic measuring
devices, that come in contact with or are used by patients during
procedures; cleans, prepares equipment and/or catheters for
procedures; evaluates non-mechanical and special supplies for
- Maintain logs of all events, as well as apparatus or special
equipment used during procedure.
- Monitor on-line computerized data from patients to assess and
relate multiple parameters such as valvular gradients. Monitors
data for abnormal readings.
- Troubleshoot all equipment in laboratories to ensure proper
- Alert physician, health team members of pt status, any
significant variations in vital signs.
- Attend in-service meetings and others as requested. Keeps
current on catheterization laboratory procedures and
- Perform other related duties as requested by authorized
- Essential Functions:
- Interpersonal skills necessary in order to communicate with
patients in often stressful situations and exchange factual
information regarding patients' status with physicians or other
health team members;
- Analytical skills necessary in order to review several data
sources at one time, recognize normal and abnormal physiological
data and make quick and accurate decisions as to patient
- Ability to lift, push and pull patients to obtain proper
positioning and to stand and walk up to fifty (50) percent of work
time, when conducting procedures.
- Working Conditions:
- Normal laboratory environment with little exposure to excessive
noise, dust, temperature, and the like;
- Occasional (up to 20% of work time) exposure to patients with
- The above is intended to describe the general nature and level
of work performed by people assigned to this classification. It is
not to be construed as an exhaustive statement of duties,
responsibilities or qualifications for the people so classified,
nor is it intended to limit or modify in any way, the right of any
supervisor to assign, direct, and control the work of employees
under their supervision. The most recently dated job description on
file in the Human Resources Department will be considered the
official job description.
Licensure / Certification /
- Certified BLS Provider specializing in Basic Life Support
credentialed from the American Heart
Association (AHA) obtained within 3 Months (90 days) of hire date
or job transfer date required.
- One or more of the following required:
- Certified Advanced Life Support specializing in Advanced Cardio
Life Support credentialed from the American Heart Association (AHA)
obtained within 3 Months (90 days) of hire date or job transfer
date.Or Certified Instructor.
- Registered Cardiographic Tech specializing in Cardiac-Intrvn
Radiography credentialed from the Competency & Credentialing
Institute (CCI) obtained within 18 Months (1 1/2 year) of hire date
or job transfer date.(RCIS) required, or a Registered Cardiac
Electrophysiology Specialist (RCES); OR must obtain CCI
certification as RCIS/RCES within 18 months of hire date, and must
be renewed as required.
- Requires graduate of:
- Accredited school of cardiovascular technology, Accredited
school of radiology, or Associate degree clinically relevant health
care related field, such as health science, rehabilitation.
- Experience preferred, not required.
No additional preferences.
Why Join Our Team:
employs over 20,000 compassionate caregivers across 16 hospitals
and hundreds of related healthcare facilities. Our care teams are
dedicated to providing spiritually centered, holistic care which
sustains and improves the health of the communities we serve. We
provide generous paid time off for work-life balance, a
collaborative work environment, professional development
opportunities and more to help our associates flourish personally
and professionally. If you are looking for a rewarding career in
healthcare, we invite you to apply today.
Equal Employment Opportunity Employer:
When you join Ascension, you join a team of over 160,000
individuals across the country committed to a Mission of serving
others and providing compassionate, personalized care to all. Our
inclusive culture, continuing education programs, career coaches
and benefit offerings are just a few of the resources and tools
that team members can use to create a rewarding career path. In
fact, Ascension spent nearly $46 million in tuition assistance
alone to support associate growth and development. If you are
looking for a career where you can grow and make a difference in
your community, we invite you to join our team today.
Ascension Genesys is an equal
opportunity employer (EEO) and affords equal opportunity to all
associates and applicants without regard to race, color, religion,
national origin, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, physical
or mental disability, veteran status, genetic data, or other
legally protected status.
For further information regarding your EEO rights, click on the
following link to the “EEO is the Law” poster:
EEO is the Law Poster Supplement
Please note that Ascension will make an offer of employment only to
individuals who have applied for a position using our official
application. Be on alert for possible fraudulent offers of
employment. Ascension will not solicit money or banking information
Keywords: Ascension, Flint , Invasive Cardiovascular Technologist / Cardiac Electrophysiology Specialist RCIS / RCES, Other , Grand Blanc, Michigan
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!