Surgical Anesthesia Associate / Surgery
Location: Grand Blanc
Posted on: September 16, 2021
We Are Hiring:
Surgical Anesthesia Associate/Surgery/PT
Evenings, 11a-7:30p, M-F w/ Rotating Saturdays, Rotating
**30 Minute Response Time For Call
What You Will Do:
Perform a variety of assistive duties under
supervision such as: orders supplies for anesthesia and operating
room, stocks anesthesia carts, rooms and table tops with supplies,
provides equipment for anesthesia providers and operating room
personnel, cleans equipment in the operating room and
anesthesia department, runs errands, stocks operating rooms,
delivers linen supplies, and transports patients.
What You Will Need:
- Stock OR suites, OR areas, anesthesia rooms, carts and tables
with supplies, instruments and equipment for use in surgery or any
other anesthesia provided area.
- Clean all anesthesia equipment and instruments in the surgical
- Clean OR equipment stored in cores/equipment rooms.
- Stock supplies in OR and OB suites.
- Notify supervisor of equipment needing repair and follows
through as directed.
- Run errands to pick up or deliver items as needed.
- May operate Steris sterilizers as needed.
- Stock supplies in proper storage areas and notifies supervisor
of issues related to inventory.
- Maintain the inventory of transport equipment, infusion/syringe
pumps, and fiber optic scopes, TEE and glidescopes.
- Carry out duties and responsibilities as directed by OR
- Essential Functions:
- Must possess and demonstrate the necessary discretion in
dealing with confidential information.
- Must have the ability to establish and maintain rapport with
patients,employees, supervisor, contacts external to Medical
- Must be neat in appearance and have good personal hygiene.
- Working Conditions: Work setting is primarily in peri-operative
areas in surgery and OB including pre-op holding areas, all
operating suites, post-anesthesia care units, all anesthesia
storage and work areas; will assist in off floor sites as needed;
exposures to patient illness, communicable diseases, blood and body
fluids, hazardous chemicals.
- Orientation Requirements: Must attend Medical Center new hire
and department orientation.
- The above is intended to describe the general nature and level
of work performed by people assigned to this classification. It is
not to be construed as an exhaustive statement of duties,
responsibilities or qualifications for the people so classified,
nor is it intended to limit or modify in any way, the right of any
supervisor to assign, direct, and control the work of employees
under their supervision. The most recently dated job description on
file in the Human Resources Department will be considered the
official job description.
- High School diploma or equivalent from an accredited program
- Six (6) months of current patient care experience
- Understanding of medical terminology and patient care
principles, procedures and sterile technique.
- Ability to learn the components of the job position within a
six month time frame, i e , care of the fiber optic scope,
operation of the Steris and assisting anesthesia/OR staff.
No additional preferences.
Why Join Our Team:
employs over 20,000 compassionate caregivers across 16 hospitals
and hundreds of related healthcare facilities. Our care teams are
dedicated to providing spiritually centered, holistic care which
sustains and improves the health of the communities we serve. We
provide generous paid time off for work-life balance, a
collaborative work environment, professional development
opportunities and more to help our associates flourish personally
and professionally. If you are looking for a rewarding career in
healthcare, we invite you to apply today.
Equal Employment Opportunity Employer:
When you join Ascension, you join a team of over 160,000
individuals across the country committed to a Mission of serving
others and providing compassionate, personalized care to all. Our
inclusive culture, continuing education programs, career coaches
and benefit offerings are just a few of the resources and tools
that team members can use to create a rewarding career path. In
fact, Ascension spent nearly $46 million in tuition assistance
alone to support associate growth and development. If you are
looking for a career where you can grow and make a difference in
your community, we invite you to join our team today.
Ascension Genesys is an equal
opportunity employer (EEO) and affords equal opportunity to all
associates and applicants without regard to race, color, religion,
national origin, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, physical
or mental disability, veteran status, genetic data, or other
legally protected status.
For further information regarding your EEO rights, click on the
following link to the “EEO is the Law” poster:
EEO is the Law Poster Supplement
Please note that Ascension will make an offer of employment only to
individuals who have applied for a position using our official
application. Be on alert for possible fraudulent offers of
employment. Ascension will not solicit money or banking information
Keywords: Ascension, Flint , Surgical Anesthesia Associate / Surgery, Other , Grand Blanc, Michigan
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!