Location: Grand Blanc
Posted on: September 16, 2021
We Are Hiring:
PT Evenings (7% shift differential): 3p - 11:30p & 6p - 2:30a, rotational
weekends and some holidays.
Benefit Eligible Position
Ascension Genesys Hospital - Grand Blanc,MI
Ascension Genesys Hospital is a state-of-the-art community teaching
hospital with 410 beds, a level 2 emergency trauma center with a
cardiac rapid diagnostic center, the Genesys Heart Institute, the
Family Birthing Center, and expanded clinical expertise in
neurosciences, orthopedics, geriatric services, oncology, and
surgical procedures in almost every specialty area including
minimally invasive and robotic procedures. We offer rewarding
career paths for healthcare professionals across all
disciplines. Ascension offers a collaborative environment
with competitive wages and opportunities for
dental, vision, life insurance, and a retirement plan with
programs and holistic growth opportunities
What You Will Do:
Operate radiographic equipment to produce
clinical diagnostic radiographs and images. Perform diagnostic
procedures according to established standards and radiation safety
practices. Work directly with patients, radiologists, physicians
and fellow associates. Follow established rules,
regulations policies and procedures of Genesys Regional Medical
Center. Demonstrate knowledge,skills, and abilities necessary to
provide care to the age group(s) served.
What You Will Need:
- Deliver quality patient care. This includes the use of
universal precautions, sterile technique and assuring maintenance
of patient confidentiality and the practice of appropriate medical
- Produce quality radiographs by selecting the appropriate
technical factors, correctly positioning the patient, selecting the
appropriate contrast media as requested by the radiologist and
manipulating the various equipment components properly. This
includes obtaining portable radiographs in the various nursing
units, operating rooms and emergency departments, based on
information such as patient age, physical condition and disease
- Represent the hospital in a positive manner both in and outside
the work area. Practices good guest relations in promoting the
image of the Radiology department and Genesys Regional Medical
- Ensure proper patient identification prior to the exam.
Properly identifies finished radiographs with patient name, medical
record number and date. Also enters procedure performed into the
hospital management information system and network system.
- Maintain adequate patient radiation protection to assure the
least possible exposure is given. This includes the use of lead
shielding and other radiation protection devices when and where
- In order to maintain and enhance expertise; keeps current on
new developments, trends, equipment and procedures through
technical journals, educational programs, in-services and
- Assist in the instruction and training of radiology students
and new employees.
- Act as a technical resource for the radiology residents and
- Exercise independent judgment in the absence of management.
Reports all equipment malfunctions to management or service
- Keep work areas and equipment clean and orderly.
- Maintain supplies necessary to perform the job.
- Assist with clerical duties and transportation of patient when
- Minimum Qualifications:
- Must demonstrate good guest relations skills, good
communication skills, tact, diplomacy and be dependable.
- Must perform all the duties of position with discretion and
maintain patient confidentiality.
- Must be physically and mentally capable of performing all the
duties of the position.
- Must be neat and clean in personal appearance and adhere to
hospital dress code.
- Essential Functions:
- Ability to be mobile and have normal manual dexterity.
- Ability to assist, move, transfer and lift patients.
- Ability to move standard radiological equipment.
- Must be able to effectively communicate orally, in writing, by
telephone, and with staff, physicians and
- Ability to plan, follow directions and problem solve.
- Ability to teach and instruct.
- Ability to learn to operate the hospital, radiology computer
systems and AGFA networking.
- Working Conditions:
- Lifting, assisting, supporting and transferring patients and
supplies. Standing and walking for a greater part of the day.
Subject to electrical and radiant energy hazards. Exposed to
patient illnesses and communicable diseases. Work setting is
- Orientation Requirements:
- All employees are required to participate in the following
orientations: New employee orientation;Center/ department
- The above is intended to describe the general nature and level
of work performed by people assigned to this classification. It is
not to be construed as an exhaustive statement of duties,
responsibilities or qualifications for the people so classified,
nor is it intended to limit or modify in any way, the right of any
supervisor to assign, direct, and control the work of employees
under their supervision. The most recently dated job description on
file in the Human Resources Department will be considered the
official job description.
Licensure / Certification /
- Certified BLS Provider specializing in Basic Life Support
credentialed from the American Heart Association (AHA) obtained
within 3 Months (90 days) of hire date or job transfer date
- Radiologic Technologist specializing in Radiography
credentialed from the American Registry of Radiologic Technologists
(ARRT) obtained within 6 Months (180 days) of hire date or job
transfer date required.Or be certified by the American Registry of
Clinical Radiography Technologists (ARCRT); renewal is
- Must possess equivalent of a high school diploma, and must have
completed an accredited 2 year
Why Join Our Team:
- Experience preferred, not required.
employs over 20,000 compassionate caregivers across 16 hospitals
and hundreds of related healthcare facilities. Our care teams are
dedicated to providing spiritually centered, holistic care which
sustains and improves the health of the communities we serve. We
provide generous paid time off for work-life balance, a
collaborative work environment, professional development
opportunities and more to help our associates flourish personally
and professionally. If you are looking for a rewarding career in
healthcare, we invite you to apply today.
Equal Employment Opportunity Employer:
When you join Ascension, you join a team of over 160,000
individuals across the country committed to a Mission of serving
others and providing compassionate, personalized care to all. Our
inclusive culture, continuing education programs, career coaches
and benefit offerings are just a few of the resources and tools
that team members can use to create a rewarding career path. In
fact, Ascension spent nearly $46 million in tuition assistance
alone to support associate growth and development. If you are
looking for a career where you can grow and make a difference in
your community, we invite you to join our team today.
Ascension Genesys is an equal
opportunity employer (EEO) and affords equal opportunity to all
associates and applicants without regard to race, color, religion,
national origin, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, physical
or mental disability, veteran status, genetic data, or other
legally protected status.
For further information regarding your EEO rights, click on the
following link to the “EEO is the Law” poster:
EEO is the Law Poster Supplement
Please note that Ascension will make an offer of employment only to
individuals who have applied for a position using our official
application. Be on alert for possible fraudulent offers of
employment. Ascension will not solicit money or banking information
Keywords: Ascension, Flint , Radiologic Technologist, Other , Grand Blanc, Michigan
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!