Nursing Assistant / 2S Telemetry
Location: Grand Blanc
Posted on: July 19, 2021
We Are Hiring:
**SIGN ON BONUS AVAILABLE** $2,000
SIGN ON BONUS FOR FULL-TIME &
*Bonus for PT positions is
SCHEDULE: PT Day, Weekends Only
7A-7:30P Fri, Sat and Sun
**This Part Time Position Is BENEFITS
What You Will Do:
Facilitate the provision of patient care by
performing basic, age appropriate nursing care to patients under
the direct supervision of a registered nurse. Demonstrate
knowledge, skills, and abilities to provide care for the age
What You Will Need:
- Interpersonal skills/teamwork. Demonstrates a positive attitude
and willingness to facilitate unit functioning.
- Standards of Performance:
- Demonstrate effective verbal and written communication
- Demonstrate willingness to assist when asked.
- Demonstrate flexibility in responding to patient/unit
- Knowledge of and adheres to patient s rights.
- Demonstrate compassion, concern, and respect to patients.
- Respect and maintain patient confidentiality.
- Productivity/Professional Behavior. Is a
productive/professional member of a health care team.
- Standards of Performance:
- Show independence by completing duties with appropriate
- Utilize time in an efficient manner, completing daily
activities in a timely and organized fashion.
- Show initiative in seeking out appropriate additional
- Present self in a manner that promotes a positive image.
- Communicate identifies unit problems following appropriate
chain of command and actively participates in the problem solving
- Work effectively with others.
- Attend 75% of department meetings and attends in-services
- Performsother related duties as requested and as directed.
- Patient Care Skills. Assists the RN/LPN with functions to
promote, restore, and maintain optimum patient health.
- Standards of Performance:
- Participate in the creation and maintenance of a healthy work
environment by: i. Accepting professional direction and leadership
of the RN ii. Communication with RN, the progress of work
assignment, problems encountered, or work completed.
- Perform patient hygiene activities, i.e. bathing, foot care,
shaving, hair care, etc.
- Assist with patient mobility activities patient ambulation,
transfers to chair, etc.
- Assist with transfer of patients from bed to
stretcher/stretcher to bed.
- Assist with keeping patients clean, dry, and regularly turned
to prevent skin breakdown.
- Perform non-sterile treatments.
- Assist monitoring and reporting of patient pain levels. Assists
patients to achieve optimum comfort levels, i.e.,
- Ensure supplies are immediately available by retrieving and
returning equipment per procedure.
- Perform other related duties as requested and directed.
- Patient Care Skills. Assists RN/LPN with inpatient and
outpatient monitoring activities.
- Standards of Performance:
- Obtain patient related information and reports and documents
per policy and procedure (to include vital signs, basic patient
care, and valuables).
- Observe and report patient elimination patterns. Empties foley
bags and records output.
- Complete I&O records.
- Obtain and record patient weights.
- Assist with preparation of patient for surgery and special
- Collect non-sterile specimens.
- Recognize and report abnormal or unusual situations on a timely
basis, i.e. pain, respiratory distress, skin temperature or color
changes, skin pressure areas, etc.
- Utilize computer entry as directed.
- Per policy, observe patients in restraints for comfort and
safety. Ensure that restraint is not restrictive to extremities.
Offer food, fluid, and toileting opportunities per policy.
- Dietary-Assists patients with meals, snacks; a)Prepares patient
for meal service; b)Assists patients with menu selection, meal
service as needed; c)Collects soiled trays from patients in timely
manner, takes trays to soiled utility room as needed; d)Delivers
snacks to patient as requested; e)Records patient food intake;
f)Communicates patient eating problems to appropriate personnel;
& food items; h)Performs other related dietary duties as
- Transportation-Transports patients in safe, efficient, timely
manner; a) Uses proper transfer techniques when moving patients; b)
Observes patient condition, notifies appropriate personnel of
changes in status.
- Safety-Maintains safe environment for patients, co-workers;
a)Recognizes unsafe conditions, takes action or reports conditions
to supervisor immediately; b) Uses Universal Precautions to protect
patients, self from infection, c)Demonstrates awareness of, concern
for patient safety; d)Closely observes patients at risk for fall or
injury, follows all related practice guidelines; e)Reports, turns
in broken or damaged equipment immediately; f)Operates all
mechanical and electrical equipment in safe, conscientious manner
at all times; g)Uses correct techniques to dispose of biomedical
waste materials; h)Practices proper body mechanics in daily work
- Quality Improvement--Participates in quality assessment/quality
improvement (QI) activities; a)Includes safety, universal
precautions, other activities as assigned; b)Completes QI data
collection activities as requested; c)Participates in implementing
corrective action plans for improvement; d) Utilizes cost
containment measures in daily practice; e)Participates in
developing corrective action plans for improvement.
- Environmental Services--Perform limited housekeeping activities
in select areas (MPU) as needed.
- Compliance--Comply with department, Medical Center policies &
procedures, standards, rules of conduct; complies with absenteeism
& tardiness policies.
- Essential Functions:
- Mobility to move from room to room, between dept and to rapidly
initiate, complete patient care evacuation procedures, ability to
move standard patient care equipment, supplies; ability to lift,
move, support, transfer, assist patients; includes but not limited
to utilizing transfer techniques such as standing pivot, sliding
board, 2&3 person lifts, sheet assists;
- Manual dexterity to perform patient treatments, manipulate
tools, instruments, commonly used equipment;
- Organizational skills as well as observation, problem solving,
collecting patient data, identifying, responding to unusual or
- Interpersonal and written communication skills necessary to
communicate effectively with patients, families, staff,
- Ability to walk, stoop, reach to carry out routine cleaning
- Ability to push, pull carts weighing several hundred
- Ability to climb, work from ladders.
- Working Conditions: Setting is generally a clinical nursing
unit; work requires prolonged standing, working, lifting; may be
exposed to patient illness, communicable diseases, blood hazards,
hazardous chemicals; duties must be completed regardless of
- Orientation Requirements: Must attend new employee; department
- The above is intended to describe the general nature and level
of work performed by people assigned to this classification. It is
not to be construed as an exhaustive statement of duties,
responsibilities or qualifications for the people so classified,
nor is it intended to limit or modify in any way, the right of any
supervisor to assign, direct, and control the work of employees
under their supervision. The most recently dated job description on
file in the Human Resources Department will be considered the
official job description.
Licensure / Certification /
- Certified BLS Provider specializing in Basic Life Support
credentialed from the American Heart Association (AHA) obtained
within 3 Months (90 days) of hire date or job transfer date
- Current Michigan certification as a Nurse Aide is required at
hire or must be obtained prior to hire. It is not required for
Nursing Assistants to maintain certification after hire while
actively working in the Nursing Assistant role. Certification is
not required for internal transferees; renewal is not required.
Nurses Aide certification is not required for applicants who have
completed the first year of clinical rotation in a school of
- High School diploma or equivalent from an accredited program
- Some experience preferred.
No additional preferences.
Why Join Our Team:
employs over 20,000 compassionate caregivers across 16 hospitals
and hundreds of related healthcare facilities. Our care teams are
dedicated to providing spiritually centered, holistic care which
sustains and improves the health of the communities we serve. We
provide generous paid time off for work-life balance, a
collaborative work environment, professional development
opportunities and more to help our associates flourish personally
and professionally. If you are looking for a rewarding career in
healthcare, we invite you to apply today.
Equal Employment Opportunity Employer:
When you join Ascension, you join a team of over 160,000
individuals across the country committed to a Mission of serving
others and providing compassionate, personalized care to all. Our
inclusive culture, continuing education programs, career coaches
and benefit offerings are just a few of the resources and tools
that team members can use to create a rewarding career path. In
fact, Ascension spent nearly $46 million in tuition assistance
alone to support associate growth and development. If you are
looking for a career where you can grow and make a difference in
your community, we invite you to join our team today.
Ascension Genesys is an equal
opportunity employer (EEO) and affords equal opportunity to all
associates and applicants without regard to race, color, religion,
national origin, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, physical
or mental disability, veteran status, genetic data, or other
legally protected status.
For further information regarding your EEO rights, click on the
following link to the “EEO is the Law” poster:
EEO is the Law Poster Supplement
Please note that Ascension will make an offer of employment only to
individuals who have applied for a position using our official
application. Be on alert for possible fraudulent offers of
employment. Ascension will not solicit money or banking information
Keywords: Ascension, Flint , Nursing Assistant / 2S Telemetry, Other , Grand Blanc, Michigan
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!