Come work for one of the largest equipment dealerships in North
America! Are you a hardworking individual that thrives in a
fast-paced environment and looking to take your career to the next
level? If so, then come join our award winning team!
We provide our employees with the following tools and resources
to be successful:
- Outstanding benefits package (Medical, Dental and Vision, plus
- 401(k) with match
- Competitive wages
- Company laptop
- Company cell phone
- 10 paid holidays
- Work schedule: M-F, day shift
Our Construction Equipment Group is seeking a full-time Yard
Specialist for our Burton, MI branch. This is a Operating Engineers
Local 324 position. The primary responsibilities of the position
consist of, but are not limited to:
- Completing equipment traffic paperwork in an accurate
- Photos of all equipment moving in and out of the facility
- Visual inspections of machines for check in and out
- Verification of operator manuals and safety equipment
- Organization of the yard
- Maintaining the cleanliness of the exterior of the
- Incorporating Alta's Guiding Principles into daily
- Performs other duties as assigned
- Consistent, regular, and reliable attendance including being
ready for work at the designated start time
- Must have good customer relation skills
- Knowledge of small engine maintenance and repair is
- Knowledge of construction equipment
- Experience operating heavy equipment is required
- Must be able to work in a fast paced environment with a
friendly and professional personality
- Computer programs - Microsoft Outlook and basic computer
- Language Skills - Intermediate: Ability to read and interpret
documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance
instructions, and procedure manuals. Ability to write routing
reports and correspondence. Ability to speak effectively before
groups of customers or employees of the organization.
- Mathematical Skills - Basic: Ability to add and subtract two
digit numbers and to multiply and divide with 10's and 100's.
Ability to perform these operations using units of American money
and weight measurement, volume, and distance.
- Reasoning Ability - Intermediate: Ability to apply common sense
understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral,
or diagram form. Ability to deal with problems involving several
concrete variables in standardized situations.
Physical Demands/Work Environment:
- Physical/Sensory Functions: Regularly will use hands, reach
with hands and arms, stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl; Frequently will
stand, walk, climb or balance, talk/hear.
- Lift and/or Move Functions: Frequently up to 50 pounds;
Occasionally from 51 to 100+ pounds
- Work Environment: Regularly will work near moving mechanical
parts, exposed to outdoor weather conditions; Frequently will be in
non-weather related wet or humid conditions; Occasionally will work
in high precarious places, with fumes or airborne particles, toxic
or caustic chemicals, and vibration
Culture is Job #1. Alta Equipment Company prides itself in the 3
P's of business: People, Process and Product. By investing in the
best people and creating a "one team" approach, Alta Equipment
Company earns customers for life.
If you have a passion for excellence and are ready to make a
difference within our organization, we're ready for you. Whether
it's selling the world's-best big iron, rolling up your sleeves and
servicing our industry-leading construction and material handling
product brands or being a difference maker behind the scenes, we
can use your skillset.
At Alta Equipment Company, we believe in mutual respect and are
committed to diversity while inspiring our employees to reach their
maximum potential. Voted a "Top Work Place USA", our 2100+
employees in the Midwest (MI, IN, IL), East Coast (NY, VT, CT, ME,
MA, NH, VA) and the South (FL) are committed to excellence. It's
the Alta way.
So, let's start the conversation. Click the link to apply and
begin the journey of a lifetime.
What We Look For:
At Alta Equipment Company, we are looking for candidates who are
a cultural fit with our organization and understand that every task
and job goes toward fostering customers for life. Along with that,
a great attitude that embraces mutual respect and delivering a
consistent high energy level that exudes a passion for excellence.
Also, we are searching for a skill set that has a high aptitude for
the position with a continual focus on investing in one's
profession through additional training and learning.
Other Opportunities at Alta
Please visit our careers page at www.altaequipment.jobs to view
other openings that may be of interest to you!
We are an equal opportunity employer. Employment selection and
related decisions are made without regard to gender, race, age,
disability, religion, national origin, color, gender identity,
sexual orientation, veteran status or any other protected