Summer Lunch Bunch Seasonal Assistant
Company: Salvation Army USA
Posted on: June 12, 2021
The Salvation Army, an international movement, is an evangelical
part of the universal Christian Church. Its message is based on the
Bible. Its ministry is motivated by the love of God. Its mission is
to preach the gospel of Jesus Christ and to meet human needs in His
name without discrimination.
- Represents The Salvation Army well and makes every effort to
improve the reputation and further emphasize the presence of our
organization in the community.
- Cooperates, accommodates, and participates in the Corps efforts
to approach clients with The Salvation Army's holistic/spiritual
approach as stated in goals.
- Creation of data files and other documents needed for effective
management of the program.
- Use of internet-based reporting systems.
- General filing as needed.
- Coordinating clients and volunteers to maintain cleanliness of
sites and vehicles.
- Other duties as assigned by Summer Lunch Bunch Coordinator or
- Works with The Summer Lunch Bunch Coordinator to conduct The
Salvation Army's Summer Lunch Bunch Program.
- Coordinates with meal sites for facilities use.
- Coordinates with transportation providers and families that
need transportation to facilitate program involvement for families
with transportation barriers.
- Assist with recruitment of program participants and
- Oversees planning and logistics involved in the provision of
- Conducts pre-operational visits of sites to determine kitchen
suitability and what adaptations are needed to serve meals.
- Conduct on-site, work-in-progress training for any volunteers
working directly with food.
- Maintain relationship with contracted food vendor, adjusts meal
counts in a timely manner and communicating any service
- Receive food from cooked meal service vendor and bring to
correct temperature, assemble items.
- Ensure meals are delivered to sites during approved meal times,
served according to Health Department and USDA Food Service
- Re-package leftover food for distribution to clients according
to ServeSafe standards.
- Oversee the planning and logistics involved in the provision of
boxed (pantry) food.
- Maintain relationship with Gleaners to coordinate pantry food
- Arrange for the pick-up and orderly distribution of pantry
items to each family at the end of the Summer Lunch Bunch
- Arrange for the acquiring of pantry items from food bank.
- Provide accurate statistics and ensure compliance procedures to
determine program effectiveness:
- Maintain adequate records of meals served and pantry items
distributed, to be turned in to
- Summer Lunch Bunch Coordinator.
- Monitor sites to ensure compliance with the program and funding
source guidelines, including those related to ServSafe guidelines
and USDA requirements.
- Complete end of program reporting requirements, including those
needed to complete USDA final reports and end of year report.Assist
in pre-season training as well as ongoing training on
- Prepare and plan for additional program enhancement activities,
including acquiring guest presenters and materials for craft and
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
To coordinate the programmatic logistics of The Salvation Army's
Summer Lunch Bunch Program and to oversee and supervise volunteers
as they serve community meals.These logistics include the
transporting and servicing of clients and resources as well as
effective communication with employees, agencies, volunteers and
community sites involved in the program.
Keywords: Salvation Army USA, Flint , Summer Lunch Bunch Seasonal Assistant, Other , Howell, Michigan
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!