CNX Software Development Engineer (2021)
Company: Nexteer Automotive
Location: Grand Blanc
Posted on: June 12, 2021
CNXMotion, LLC is looking for a Software Development Engineer to
support activities at our facility in Grand Blanc, Michigan. This
research and development facility is staffed with creative
engineers who take pride in the unique start-up culture within the
automotive industry. Engineers are tasked with creating new
solutions with documented development for use in advancing steering
and brake products for Nexteer and Continental.
- Design, document, and implement a world class reusable software
architecture based upon generated requirements to comply with
automotive SPICE and ISO 26262.
- Integrate auto code functions from SIMULINK models into
- Implement and modify CAN, CAN FD and Ethernet protocols in the
- Integrate different software nodes on vehicle bus utilizing
working knowledge of task timing, communication, and data
- Debug, analyze, and resolve diagnostic and functional
- Actively participate in and lead code reviews.
- Bachelor of Science degree (minimum) in Electrical Engineering,
Computer Engineering or equivalent.
- 2+ years of relevant experience
- Experience creating C language code for embedded
- Experience running software verification tests to requirements
(SiL, PiL, HiL), including debugging and problem resolution.
- Understanding of ISO 26262 functional safety concepts and its
impact on software development.
- Expertise in Vector based analysis and development tools, cross
compilers and cross assemblers, microcontrollers and common
- Experience with software configuration management systems,
requirements management tools (DOORS, MKS Integrity) and
architectural design tools (Capella).
- Experience in formal requirements and traceability
documentation and verification process.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office tools (Excel, Word,
PowerPoint, Visio, and Project)
- Excellent communication skills and a desire to work with people
in a collaborative environment.
- Experience developing embedded Linux applications.
- Experience developing in multi-core and multi-processor
- Experience with scripting (Python, PERL) languages and tool
- Experience with DaVinci Configurator and DaVinci Developer to
implement AUTOSAR compliant software applications.
- Experience configuring and using Tresos to implement AUTOSAR
compliant software applications.
- Experience with automotive communication protocol development
and debugging (i.e., CAN, CANFD, Ethernet).
- Experience with TCP/IP protocols
- Experience with software coding using C and other
- Working knowledge of Matlab / Simulink model-based coding
- Working knowledge of software safety mechanisms such as memory
protection units and watchdogs.
- Working knowledge of software static analysis tools
Equal Opportunity Employer
VEVRAA Federal Contractor
Nexteer is an E-Verify employer. E-Verify is an internet based
system operated by the Department of Homeland Security (DHS) in
partnership with the Social Security Administration (SSA) that
allows participating employees to electronically verify the
employment eligibility of their newly hired employees in the United
Accessibility for Applicants with Disabilities: If you need a
reasonable accommodation for the online application process due to
a disability please call 1-989-757-5000. Please provide your
contact information and details about the posted position of
interest. Only inquiries regarding assistance for those who need an
accommodation with the online application process due to a
disability will be returned.
Nearest Major Market: Flint
Nearest Secondary Market: Detroit
Keywords: Nexteer Automotive, Flint , CNX Software Development Engineer (2021), Other , Grand Blanc, Michigan
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!