Company: McLaren Health Care
Location: Bay City
Posted on: June 12, 2021
Position Summary: Serves as an advocate for patients beginning
during the pre-admissions process and continuing until the patient
is discharged from the medical facility. Fosters the relationship
between patients and the facilities providing their care.
Establishes patient's eligibility for care, communicating with
families, and interacting with other medical center staff.
Essential Functions and Responsibilities:
- First to assess patients, reviews their medical records and
determines whether they should be admitted for care and the
appropriate level of care; may include admission/transfer reviews,
utilization reviews, and surgical schedule reviews.
- Applies expert knowledge of payer authorization/certification
to determine patient's eligibility for care and level of care
- Explains the types of care and services the facility offers to
patients and their families.
- Uses strong diplomatic skills to work directly with the
physicians and hospital staff to coordinate the delivery of high
quality, individualized, cost-effective patient care.
- Works with the facility to schedule therapy sessions and doctor
visits; coordinates with other staff members to ensure smooth
- Coordinates communication between patients and their
physicians, case managers and other medical staff.
- Develops relationships in the community on behalf of the
- Provides and documents quality, personalized and evidence-based
care and interventions.
- Maintains professional and technical knowledge by attending
educational workshops; reviewing professional publications;
establishing personal networks; participating in professional
societies. May develop and conduct in-service training
- Complies with federal, state, and local legal and certification
requirements by studying existing and new legislation; anticipating
future legislation; enforcing adherence to requirements; advising
management on needed actions. This includes compliance with all
health care regulations, such as HIPAA and OSHA.
- Performs other related duties as required and directed.
- Nursing degree from an accredited educational institution.
- State licensure as a registered nurse.
- Three years of experience directly related to the duties and
- BLS certification.
- Bachelor's degree in nursing.
- One year prior work experience in clinical area.
Keywords: McLaren Health Care, Flint , Nurse Liaison, Other , Bay City, Michigan
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!