Working Location: Michigan, Detroit; Indiana, Indianapolis;
Michigan, Ann Arbor; Michigan, Flint; Michigan, Grand Rapids;
Michigan, Lansing; Michigan, Royal Oak; Michigan, Traverse City;
Ohio, Akron; Ohio, Canton; Ohio, Cincinnati; Ohio, Cleveland,;
Ohio, Columbus; Ohio, Dayton; Ohio, Toledo; Ohio, Youngstown
Are you looking for a company that cares about people's lives
and health, including yours? At Olympus, we help make people's
lives healthier, safer and more fulfilling, every day.
Let's inspire healthier lives, together.
The Clinical Applications Specialist provides ultrasound skills
knowledge and technical expertise in the sale and marketing of
Ultrasound products, and the improvement and development of those
- Individual will assist the sales organization in demonstrating
and selling all ultrasound products by providing technical
expertise of ultrasound equipment.
- Provide technical expertise in installation of customer
- Provide extended on-site support and/or training to customer as
appropriate after installation.
- Establish and maintain relationships with physician, nursing
management personnel and other associated personnel at the customer
- Troubleshoot, identify and correct, as possible and
appropriate, any equipment related adjustments, functions or
- Will first attempt to troubleshoot over the phone prior to
going on site.
- Observe procedures and guide customer through equipment
- Initiate technical support, repair or other appropriate
response to any issue beyond the specialist's clinical
- Coordinate and develop strategies with sales reps, Regional
Managers and Area Managers in maximizing the sale of Olympus
products, particularly ultrasound, in their individual territory,
region or area.
- Provide training to OAI personnel (in particular the sales
organization) as required.
- Develop appropriate training materials and methods to support
the Sales Training Department.
- Support internal and external education courses and activities
related to the clinical usage of ultrasound products Participate at
meetings, tradeshows and conventions as required to demonstrate and
promote ultrasound products.
- Report any problems, needs, ideas, etc. related to product
and/or techniques to the appropriate R&D or Product
- Support the clinical evaluation of new product
- Maintain working relationships with all levels of the sales
organization and other support functions, such as customer service
and repair operations, field service engineering and
- Develop and maintain effective knowledge of competitive
products and provide input to management.
- Minimum of 3 years clinical experience in ultrasound.
- Registered Diagnostic Medical Sonographer, RDMS is a must.
- Registered in at least two (2) modalities one of which should
be Abdominal. (others may include Vascular, OB/GYN, etc)
- Extensive Travel.
- Bachelor's degree in related field a plus.
- Previous clinical applications experience preferred.
- Gastroenterology background useful and preferred.
- Board Certified Radiologic Technologist, RT(R) a plus.
- Maintain all certifications and/or registrations.
- Ability to effectively communicate and educate physicians,
nursing and sales personnel essential.
We realize work isn't just a job to you.
It's a big part of your life, but not the only part. That's why
we offer competitive salaries, a robust 401(k) program, annual
bonus program and comprehensive medical benefits, as well as
tuition reimbursement, flexible schedules, parental and adoption
leave, on-site services and Colleague Affinity Networks - so you
can be ready for where life can take you.
Olympus is passionate about the solutions it creates for the
medical, life sciences, and industrial equipment industries, as
well as cameras and audio products. For more than 100 years,
Olympus has focused on making people's lives healthier, safer and
more fulfilling by helping detect, prevent, and treat disease,
furthering scientific research, ensuring public safety, and
capturing images of the world.
Olympus' Medical business uses innovative capabilities in
medical technology, therapeutic intervention, and precision
manufacturing to help healthcare professionals deliver diagnostic,
therapeutic, and minimally invasive procedures to improve clinical
outcomes, reduce overall costs, and enhance the quality of life for
patients. Olympus' Medical portfolio includes endoscopes,
laparoscopes, and video imaging systems, as well as surgical energy
devices, system integration solutions, medical services, and a wide
range of endotherapy instruments for endoscopic and therapeutic
applications. For more information, visit
OlympusTrue To You. True To Society. True To LIFE.
It is the policy of Olympus to extend equal employment and
advancement opportunity to all applicants and employees without
regard to race, color, national origin (including language use
restrictions), citizenship status, religious creed (including dress
and grooming practices), age, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth,
breastfeeding, medical conditions related to pregnancy, childbirth
and/or breastfeeding), gender, gender identity and expression,
sexual orientation, marital status, disability (physical or mental)
and/or a medical condition, genetic information, ancestry, veteran
status or service in the uniformed services, and any other
characteristic protected by applicable federal, state or local
Posting Notes: || United States (US) || Michigan (US-MI) ||