Want more than just a job, looking for a career?
Apply to join the MediLodge of Frankenmuth team today!
We are currently hiring for a Unit Manager, LPN!
Apply for details!
MediLodge is a skilled nursing group that is looking for the
best, most compassionate employees to join our team.
A career with MediLodge is a rewarding one where you can see the
impact on residents and their family members.
We promote "growing our own" and are very involved in our
employees development, helping them to achieve their goals!
MediLodge offers Top Notch Benefit Packages to our
Student Loan Repayment Program
Opportunities for Advancement
Company Paid Life Insurance
Paid Sick & Vacation Time
Company 401k Program
Medical, Dental, Vision Insurance
Colonial Ancillary Insurance Products
Help us make a difference!
Responsible for directing the entire operation of a nursing unit
in a long term facility
- Performs General Management Functions such as hiring,
disciplining and evaluating employees
- Plans and facilitates meetings and committees to address
resident care issues for the unit
- Manages area of responsibility with the goal of achieving and
maintaining the highest quality of care possible.
- Participates in developing, implementing and evaluating
programs that promote the recruitment, retention, development and
continuing education of nursing staff members.
- Contacts physicians as necessary and ensures physicians
interventions are timely and appropriate
- Reviews staffing patterns and census of nursing units, and
reassigns personnel when necessary to ensure staffing meets
resident needs and budgetary controls.
- Monitors the clinical operations of the unit and resident's
conditions and ensures that appropriate and quality care is
- Obtains medications, supplies and medical records needed to
provide safe, efficient and therapeutic care to residents on a
- Assists in the orientation of new personnel, monitors their
skills and guides and observes staff that may need assistance with
- Participates in facility "QA" program
- Performs other tasks as assigned.
- Skilled in motivation of staff and leadership.
- Skilled in work assessment.
- Ability to communicate effectively with residents and their
family members, and at all levels of the organization.
- Knowledge of state and federal requirements for accreditation
- Possesses basic computer skills
- Ability to work with a culturally diverse resident and employee