Driver - Truck
Company: Team Elmer's
Posted on: June 10, 2021
Truck Driver Live Bottom/Train/Transfer/Bulker
Team Elmer's seeks to fill an opening for a (Train or Transfer)
Truck Driver. This is a CDL A heavy haul driver position that will
drive a truck with a capacity of more than three tons to transport
materials to specified destinations.
Team Elmer's seeks to fill an opening for a Live Bottom Truck
Driver. This is a CDL A heavy haul driver position that will drive
a truck with a capacity of more than three tons to transport
asphalt to various job sites. This job requires a current CDL A
with air brakes and doubles endorsement.
Team Elmer's seeks to fill an opening for a Bulker Truck Driver.
This is a CDL A heavy haul driver position that will drive a truck
with a capacity of more than three tons to transport materials to
specified destinations. This position will be driving a Bulker
and/or Gravel Train based upon need.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Check vehicles to ensure that mechanical, safety, and emergency
equipment is in good working order.
- Inspect loads to ensure that cargo is secure.
- Maintain logs of working hours or of vehicle service or repair
status, following applicable state and federal regulations.
- Secure cargo for transport, using ropes, blocks, chain,
binders, or covers.
- Maneuver trucks into loading or unloading positions, following
signals from loading crew and checking that vehicle and loading
equipment are properly positioned.
- Report vehicle defects, accidents, traffic violations, or
damage to the vehicles.
- Obtain receipts or signatures for delivered goods and collect
payment for services when required. .
- Drive trucks with capacities greater than 3 tons, including
tractor-trailer combinations, to transport and deliver materials
- Check all load-related documentation for completeness and
- Read tickets to determine assignment details.
- Collect delivery instructions from appropriate sources,
verifying instructions and routes.
- Couple or uncouple trailers by changing trailer jack positions,
connecting or disconnecting air or electrical lines, or
manipulating fifth-wheel locks.
- Check conditions of trailers after contents have been unloaded
to ensure that there has been no damage.
- Crank trailer landing gear up or down to safely secure
- Read and interpret maps to determine vehicle routes.
- Operate equipment, such as truck cab computers, CB radios,
phones, or global positioning systems (GPS) equipment to exchange
necessary information with bases, supervisors, or other
- Plan or adjust routes based on changing conditions, using
computer equipment, global positioning systems (GPS) equipment, or
other navigation devices to minimize fuel consumption and carbon
- Load or unload trucks or help others with loading or unloading,
using special loading-related equipment or other equipment as
- Remove debris from loaded trailers.
- Maintain cleanliness of truck inside and out.
- Perform pre-trip and post trip inspections.
- Provide top notch customer service.
- Function at all times with a safety first mentality and role
model this to new drivers and the community.
The above list of job duties is not exclusive or exhaustive and
the post holder will be required to undertake such tasks as may
reasonably be expected within the scope of the position.
- High School Diploma or GED preferred
- Valid Commercial Driver's License Class A with Doubles/Triples
- Clean driving record for past 5 years
- Minimum of 3 years driving experience
- Ability to pass pre-employment DOT physical and drug
- Previous gravel train experience (2-3 years) preferred
- Previous experience in a construction or logging style trucking
Keywords: Team Elmer's, Flint , Driver - Truck, Other , Omer, Michigan
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!