Dental Assistant - Flint
Company: Michigan Community Dental Clinics
Posted on: June 9, 2021
- Comprehensive benefits pkg including Health Ins, Vision,
Dental, retirement w/matching 5%, gym membership reimbursements, &
A Dental Assistant performs a variety of dental assisting
duties, within compliance of state regulations, to promote quality
dental care for patients in a reduced stress, comfortable
environment. A Dental Assistant assists the doctor, teaches
patients how to care for their teeth, communicates effectively with
patients, maintains equipment and inventory, and follows universal
precautions and all OSHA and MIOSHA requirements to ensure a safe
environment for patients and staff. As part of the overall
center(s) team the Dental Assistant will assist all other staff
members as required and available with their duties.
Typical Duties and Responsibilities
- Assist the doctor during treatment.
- Prepare patients for treatment.
- Take and develop x-rays.
- Take diagnostic impressions.
- Perform instrument sterilization and infection control.
- Clean and stock operatory.
- Control inventory of clinical supplies.
- Fabricate provisional restorations.
- Inventory control of laboratory cases.
- Make clinical notes regarding patient treatment.
- All other duties as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities
- Exceptional human relation skills.
- Ability to maintain outgoing, friendly attitude with patients,
staff, and doctor even under pressure.
- Ability to work with interruptions and to manage multiple
- Ability to meet deadlines.
- Ability to work unsupervised.
- Ability to handle conflicts and get along with people.
- Knowledge of Dentistry.
- Ability to maintain professional demeanor at all times.
- Exceptional verbal and non-verbal communication skills.
- Computer skills i.e. Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook, Dentrix,
- Radiology licensure.
- Experience with autoclave, suction, hand pieces, panorex,
cephalometric, TMJ film, processor, plasma arc light, amalgamator,
ultrasonic, vacuum form machine, air compressor, model trimmer,
amalgam separator, vacuum pump, hydrim, statmatic.
- High school graduate or equivalent.
- Dental experience preferred.
- CPR and first aid preferred.
- X-ray certified preferred.
Keywords: Michigan Community Dental Clinics, Flint , Dental Assistant - Flint, Other , Flint, Michigan
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!