Heavy Equipment Field Technician 2
Company: Alta Equipment Group Inc.
Posted on: June 9, 2021
Our construction equipment group is seeking a full-time heavy
equipment field service diesel technician / mechanic with the
classification of Field Technician 2 for our Burton, MI branch.
This is a union position and will be part of Operating Engineers
A Field Technician 2 must be familiar with and able to diagnose
and repair any systems problem that occurs for the majority
(greater than 50%) of equipment the Company sells. A Field
Technician 2 is qualified to successfully, efficiently, and
accurately perform the cleaning, maintenance, visual inspection,
removal, installation with the help of proper manuals, report
writing and the disassembly, assembly, parts reuse evaluation,
reconditioning, ordering the correct parts, measuring, adjusting,
diagnosing, testing, troubleshooting and equipment failure analysis
of their assigned Service department or specialized area, with
minimal technical assistance. Also, a Field Technician 2 may be
asked to perform minor welding, fabricating, and machining repairs.
A Field Technician 2 must become Volvo Level 3 certified. A Field
Technician 2 will be required to maintain a Chauffeurs or CDL B
endorsement on their driver license and a clean driving record in
accordance with the Company's insurance carrier's requirements.
Must be able to meet or exceed quoted labor for repairs related to
this level, with minimal rework.
Additional responsibilities of the position consist of, but are
not limited to:
- Complete inspections
- Implementation of optional accessories
- General repairs
- Upkeep of the service truck
- Responsible for the inventory of onboard parts
- Incorporate Alta's Guiding Principles into daily
- Performs other duties as assigned
- Consistent, regular, and reliable attendance including being
ready for work at the designated start time
We encourage our Technicians to participate in our in-house
training program, allowing them to acquire additional skills in
diagnosis and troubleshooting and further advance their career as a
technician. Also, company uniforms are provided!
Desired Skills and Qualifications:
- Four years of previous heavy equipment or over the road (OTR)
repair experience is required
- Excellent mechanical aptitude with a solid understanding of the
following systems: engine, power train, hydraulics and
- Possess own tools
- A positive attitude and high energy
- Must have a clean driving record
- Computer programs - Microsoft Outlook, Volvo VCADS
- Language Skills - Intermediate: Ability to read and interpret
documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance
instructions, and procedure manuals. Ability to write routine
reports and correspondence. Ability to speak effectively before
groups of customers or employees of the organization.
- Mathematical Skills - Basic: Ability to add and subtract two
digit numbers and to multiply and divide with 10's and 100's.
Ability to perform these operations using units of American money
and weight measurement, volume, and distance.
- Reasoning Ability - Intermediate: Ability to apply common sense
understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral,
or diagram form. Ability to deal with problems involving several
concrete variables in standardized situations.
Physical Demands/Work Environment:
- Physical/Sensory Functions: Regularly will stand, walk, use
hands, reach with hands; Frequently will talk/hear, climb or
balance, stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl; Occasionally will sit.
- Lift and/or Move Functions: Regularly will lift up to 25
pounds; Frequently will lift 26 to 50 pounds; Occasionally will
lift from 51 to 100 plus pounds.
- Work Environment: Regularly will work near moving mechanical
parts; Frequently will be exposed to fumes or airborne particles,
outdoor weather conditions; Occasionally will work in wet or humid
conditions (non-weather), risk of electrical shock, vibration.
Other Opportunities at Alta: Please visit our careers page at
www.altaequipment.jobs to view other openings that may be of
interest to you!
- Job seekers only
- Recruiting/staffing firms - please do not contact the company
about this posting
We are an equal opportunity employer. Employment selection and
related decisions are made without regard to gender, race, age,
disability, religion, national origin, color, gender identity,
sexual orientation, veteran status or any other protected
Keywords: Alta Equipment Group Inc., Flint , Heavy Equipment Field Technician 2, Other , Burton, Michigan
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!