CNC Production Grinder - Indian River, Michigan - Weekend
Link Engineering Company (LINK) is a premier designer and
manufacturer of precision test equipment, we specialize in
developing customized solutions for Automotive, Aviation,
Off-Highway, Rail, and Civil Engineering industries. We are
headquartered in Plymouth, Michigan, outside of Detroit, and
maintain testing laboratories, manufacturing, and support
facilities around the globe.
Established in 1935, we have been a family-owned company for
generations, we treat our customers and employees as if they are
part of our family. We set our employees up for success, as they
are given constant opportunities to learn and develop new skills.
As many of our team members have been with LINK for a generation or
more, the LINK team is equipped with a wealth of knowledge,
providing decades of hands-on experience and out-of-the-box
thinking to OEM's and suppliers everywhere.
We are looking for a talented CNC Production Grinder who is
responsible for working as part of the manufacturing team to
achieve company safety, quality, and productivity goals while
working in the cutting tool division of the business.
This position is specific to programming, setup and operation of
the CNC Cutting Tool Grind Department on the weekend shift; Friday
Main Responsibilities Include:
- Setup and operate various machines in department.
- Knowledge of shop mathematics, able to read and follow
- Inspect parts to assure dimensional accuracy. Make machine
adjustments as needed.
- Count finished parts to assure orders are complete. Use proper
- Able to follow instructions, listen and communicate
- Work with minimum supervision upon completion of training.
- Maintain a clean and organized work environment.
- Capable of standing for long periods of time.
- Adapt to change as required - willing to cross-train in other
- Ensure work is performed in a safe manner using all available
- Adherence company policies.
- Adherence to LINK quality process and procedures and identify
continuous improvement opportunities implementing through our
- Be a role model and advocate of the LINK culture that is
consistent and emphasizes the identified mission, vision, and
values of the organization.
- Embody the Ownership Brand Driver (Accountability, Commitment,
Can-Do Attitude, Courage, & Humility).
- High School Diploma or equivalent with a minimum of 2-years
relevant technical field experience.
- Good communication skills with the ability to effectively
communicate within a team environment.
- Familiar with inspection equipment; micrometers, calipers,
height gauge and dial indicators.
- Computer skills including knowledge of CAD/CAM. Familiar with
Numroto software and Star Cutter CNC grinders a plus.
- Working knowledge of mechanical components.
- Able to maintain a good attendance record.
- Position is in a manufacturing environment and will involve
hands-on work with tools and equipment. Physical activity will
include lifting (up to 75 lbs.), bending, stooping, crouching,
reaching, hand-eye coordination, and manual dexterity.
LINK is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Minority/Women/Veterans/Disabled. VEVRRA Federal Contractor.
LINK is an E-Verify employer. E-Verify is an internet-based
system operated by the Department of Homeland Security (DHS) in
partnership with the Social Security Administration (SSA) that
allows participating employees to electronically verify the
employment eligibility of their newly hired employees in the United
Accessibility for Applicants with Disabilities: If you need a
reasonable accommodation for the online application process due to
a disability please call 1-734-453-0800. Please provide your
contact information and details about the posted position of
interest. Only inquiries regarding assistance for those who need
accommodation with the online application process due to a
disability will be returned.
Note to all Agencies / Direct Placement: LINK has a team of
dedicated recruiters who are responsible for all hiring needs. Our
practice is to partner and work with our approved vendors only and
on an as-needed basis. Link has identified and finalized our list
of preferred vendors and the review process has been closed. We do
not accept resumes from recruiting agencies that are not a
preferred vendor, have not been authorized or approved by Corporate
Recruiting to partner on a position, and have not signed LINK's
vendor agreement. Any resumes submitted from unapproved vendors
will be considered unsolicited, and LINK will not be obligated to
pay a referral fee.