For more than 160 years, The Hanover has been committed to
delivering on our promises and being there when it matters the
most. We live our values every day, demonstrating we CARE.
Our claims team is currently seeking an PIP Adjuster in our
Howell, MI location. This is a full time/exempt role.
Responsible for the investigation, negotiation and resolution of
claims in accordance with policy provisions, best practices and
jurisdictional requirements. Includes the input of claim data and
guiding insureds and claimants through the claim process and
- Must have or secure and maintain appropriate states adjuster
license(s) and continuing education credits.
- Works within specific limits and authority on assignments of
moderate technical complexity.
- Uses discretion and independent judgment in claim handling
- Possesses functional knowledge and skills reflective of fully
- Identifies possibly suspicious claims
- Investigates, analyzes, evaluates and negotiates personal
and/or commercial lines claims of minimal to moderate
- Responsible for all aspects of each claim, including informal
hearings, arbitrations and small claims litigation and maintaining
a high level of productivity, confidentiality and customer
- Implement and coordinate the most effective management
techniques to mitigate loss and expense payments.
- Settlement and reserving authority levels are moderate.
- Take recorded statements
- Work with the Special Investigations Unit to resolve and
- May be required to have and maintain sufficient home-based
Essential Skills and Experience:
- Bachelor's Degree or equivalent experience.
- Typically has 1 - 3 years of experience
- Possesses strong customer service skills and behaviors
- Makes decisions in an informed, confident and timely
- Maintains constructive working relationships despite differing
- Strong organizational and time management skills
- Ability to negotiate skillfully in difficult situations with
both internal and external groups. Demonstrates ability to win
concessions without damaging relationships.
- Demonstrates strong written and verbal communication skills.
Promotes and facilitates free and open communication.
- Understanding of applicable statutes, regulations and case
- Thinks critically and anticipates, recognizes, identifies and
develops solutions to problems in a timely manner.
- Easily adapts to new or different changing situations,
requirements or priorities.
- Cultivates an environment of teamwork and collaboration
- Operates with latitude for un-reviewed action or decision.
- Computer experience (MS Office, excel, word, etc)
- Proficient using Claims systems (i.e. CSS, PMS, etc.) Physical
demands; work environment:
- Ability to use a personal computer and other standard office
- Ability to travel as necessary
- Ability to sit and/or stand for extended periods
This job posting provides cursory examples of some of the job
duties associated with this position. The examples provided are not
complete, and the position may entail other essential and
job-related functions and responsibilities that employees will be
required to perform.
It's not just a job, it's a career, and we are here to support
you every step of the way. We want you to be successful and
fulfilled. Through on-the-job experiences, personalized coaching
and our robust learning and development programs, we encourage you
- at every level - to grow and develop.
We offer comprehensive benefits to help you be healthy, build
financial security, and balance work and home life. At The Hanover,
you'll enjoy what you do and have the support you need to succeed.
- Medical, dental, vision, life, and disability insurance
- 401K with a company match
- Tuition reimbursement
- 9 company holidays
- Flexible work arrangements
"The Hanover values diversity in the workplace and among our
customers. The company provides equal opportunity for employment
and promotion to all qualified employees and applicants on the
basis of experience, training, education, and ability to do the
available work without regard to race, religion, color, age,
sex/gender, sexual orientation, national origin, gender identity,
disability, marital status, veteran status, genetic information,
ancestry or any other status protected by law.
Furthermore, The Hanover Insurance Group is committed to
providing an equal opportunity workplace that is free of
discrimination and harassment based on national origin, race,
color, religion, gender, ancestry, age, sexual orientation, gender
identity, disability, marital status, veteran status, genetic
information or any other status protected by law."
As an equal opportunity employer, Hanover does not discriminate
against qualified individuals with disabilities. If you require a
reasonable accommodation, as a candidate for employment, please
inform The Hanover Talent Acquisition office.
Applicants who are California residents: To see the types of
information we may collect from applicants and employees and how we
use it, please click here.
- Job Function Claims
- Pay Type Salary