Sterile Process Tech Cert
Company: McLaren Health Care
Location: Bay City
Posted on: May 4, 2021
Department: Sterile Processing Shift: Evening Daily Work Times:
11:00 a.m. - 11:30 p.m. Scheduled Biweekly Hour: 72 Position
Summary: Performs and participates in decontamination, cleaning,
assembling, packaging, scanning, sterilization, storage and
distribution of reusable surgical instrumentation and equipment.
Job Specific Duties and Responsibilities:
- Decontaminates and sterilizes instruments, medical supplies and
equipment, and assembles, wraps and sterilizes trays of
instruments. Follows proper standard precautions while in
decontamination and sterilization areas.
- Monitors biological and chemical wash solution to ensure
quality and consistency for decontamination of instruments and
- Sorts mismatched sets of instruments, trays, and medical
equipment and makes them available to sterile processing customers
in a timely manner.
- Restocks, labels, and maintains inventory, submits
requisitions, collects and distributes instruments, trays, crash
carts, and facility medical equipment.
- Performs environmental maintenance duties and assists in
maintaining inventory levels in sterile processing, the operating
room, and in equipment storage areas.
- Verifies that equipment functions properly, requisitions for
equipment maintenance, repair or replacement, and removes defective
equipment. Qualifications: Required:
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Completion of approved sterile processing course and
certification as a sterile processing technician by the
Certification Board for Sterile Processing and Distribution
- Prior experience in sterile processing preferred.
- Completion of approved sterile processing course, prior
comparable experience in sterile processing and/or certification as
a sterile processing technician by the Certification Board for
Sterile Processing and Distribution (CBSPD) or the International
Association of Central Service Material Management (IACSMM)
- If there are no applicants with experience, course completion
and/or certification, other candidates may be considered, who will
be required to schedule with the applicable certifying body, the
first available certification examination following twelve (12)
months of hire or transfer. Certification as a Sterile Processing
Technician by either the Certification Board for Sterile Processing
and Distribution (CBSPD) or (other certifying body) will be a
requirement for this position.
- Incumbent employees not already certified will be required to
obtain certification that can be verified by Human Resources within
twelve (12) months from signing of this document.
- Newly hired or transferred employees will be required to obtain
certification that can be verified by Human Resources within twelve
(12) months from the date of hire and or transfer. Equal
Opportunity Employer of Minorities/Females/Disabled/Veterans We are
committed to encouraging and sustaining a work environment free of
unlawful harassment, discrimination, and/or retaliation. We are an
Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer committed to
providing employment opportunity without regard to an individual's
race, color, age, religion, sex/pregnancy (including
pregnancy/childbirth or pregnancy/childbirth-related conditions),
sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability,
veteran status, genetic information, or any other status prohibited
by applicable laws. We also make good faith efforts to recruit,
hire, and promote qualified women, minorities, individuals with
disabilities, and veterans.
Keywords: McLaren Health Care, Flint , Sterile Process Tech Cert, Other , Bay City, Michigan
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!