Home Care Aide - Full-Time - Detroit
Company: Rainbow Rehabilitation Centers, Inc.
Posted on: September 7, 2020
Geographical areas: Downtown Detroit area The Home Care Aide is
responsible for all direct client care in relation to programming,
personal hygiene, comfort, safety and regular communication with
families and external parties. Provide basic health-related
services according to a client's needs, such as checking vital
signs or administering prescribed medication at scheduled times.
Light housekeeping, such as laundry, washing dishes, and vacuuming
in a client's home. Help to organize a client's schedule and plan
appointments. Transport client to doctor's appointments, therapy
sessions, employment and or outings. Shop for groceries and prepare
meals to meet a client's dietary specifications and assist with
keeping clients engaged in their social networks and
This posting is specific to an assignment based in Detroit, MI.
Part-time, 20 hours per week available. Day shift, Monday - Friday
9:00 am-1:00 pm and may include some holidays. Client services
provided includes companionship, assistance with Activities of
Daily Living (dressing, showering, etc.,) Supervision for tub
transfers and assistance with preparing meals, cleaning household
and laundry. * Rainbow Rehabilitation Centers is constantly
applying CDC and governmental recommendations regarding the safety
of its workforce. Begin your career in healthcare with us! Gain
valuable experience as a Home Care Aide. Training is provided, no
experience is required.$12.50 - $14.50/hour starting rate* plus
incentive/performance bonus program. Great work schedules. Options
to suit your availability:
Part-time positions available - 8
hours/week, 16 hours/week or 24 hours/week with the option to pick
up extra shiftsAll positions require employees to work a fair share
of weekends and holidayRequirements for the Home Care Aide include:
- Have a High School Diploma, GED and/or proven ability to read
- Must have a valid driver's license
- Acceptable driving record
- Must be at least 18 years old
- Acceptable under the State of Michigan's Good Moral Statute
Physical Requirements for Home Care Aide:
- Ability to lift and carry 30 pounds.
- Ability to lift, transfer, rotate, push, pull, and assist
patients weighing up to 150 pounds who are partially or totally
dependent for moving about and maneuvering a manual
- Other physical requirements include stooping, bending,
twisting, standing, and walking throughout an 8-hour shift.
- Must be able to execute physical techniques, including bringing
patient safely to the ground level.
- Must be able to execute CPR and other emergency first aid
procedures according to prescribed standards.License, Certification
or Registration(s) Requirements for Home Care Aide:
- Michigan driver's license and acceptable driving record.
Michigan Chauffeur's license must be obtained within 2 weeks of
- CPR (cardio-pulmonary resuscitation) and First Aid - Adult and
Pediatric Certification required or obtained within one week of
employment (training provided at orientation).
- Must be able to drive an automobile.
Language/Writing/Communication Requirements for Home Care Aide:
- Ability to read, write, and communicate effectively with
co-workers and clients in an English-speaking environment. Other
Requirements for Home Care Aide Ability to:
- Work efficiently both independently and as part of a team.
- Reason and make judgments and decisions.
- Work effectively and courteously under stressful
- Manage time well, set priorities, perform multiple tasks, and
organize diverse activities.
- Deal effectively with inappropriate behaviors of clients,
including hostility and aggression.
- Recognize inappropriate or manipulative behavior in difficult
or challenging situations.
- Calmly and repetitively model appropriate behavior in difficult
or challenging situations.
- React to situations, i.e., rescue, preventing a client from
- Maintain regular and punctual work attendance.
- Willing to work evenings/overnight, weekends, and
- Relevant keywords: Certified Nursing Assistant, CNA, Home
Health Aid, HHA, Patient Care Technician, PCA, LPN, Direct Care
Worker, DCW, Nursing Assistant, NA, Medical Assistant, MA,
rehabilitation assistants, certified nursing aide, home health
aide, personal care aide, rehab assistant, aides, CNA, CNA's, HHA,
HHA's, nursing assistant, nurse aide, Certified Medication Aide
(CMA), Certified Nurse Aide (CNA), Certified Nurses Aide (CNA),
Certified Nursing Assistant (CNA), Geriatric Nursing Assistant
(GNA), Licensed Nursing Assistant (LNA), Nurses' Aide, Nursing
Aide, Nursing Assistant, State Tested Nursing Assistant (STNA),
Care Giver, Caregiver, Certified Home Health Aide, Certified
Nursing Assistant (CNA), Home Health Aide (HHA), Home Care Aide,
Caregiver, Personal Care Aide, Personal Care Attendant (PCA),
Personal Care Assistant (PCA), Companion, Care Provider, Homemaker,
Health Care, Healthcare, Managed Care, healthcare, Ypsilanti,
Washtenaw, Ann Arbor, Michigan, Seasonal, Part time, Full Time.
#werehiring #workwithus #Detroitjobs #MIjobs #JobSearch #JobSeeker
#JobListing #Jobs #Job #Hiring #Employment #tweetmyjobs #jobs4u
4529Days/Afternoons32 hours/week PI123287627
Keywords: Rainbow Rehabilitation Centers, Inc., Flint , Home Care Aide - Full-Time - Detroit, Other , Flint, Michigan
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!