Athletic Trainer Featured Job
Company: MyMichigan Health
Posted on: August 4, 2022
Summary At MidMichigan Health, our purpose is Creating Healthy
Communities - Together. We invite you to apply and join our team!
The athletic trainer provides treatment, first aid and sports
medicine coverage for athletic events according to contract with
Alpena High School. Activities of this position are patient focused
in accordance with physician orders, and affiliate policies and
procedures. Top Tasks
Responsible for the assessing, treating, preventing, and
rehabilitating athletic injuries for the designated school,
including practice and game coverage per contract. Provides
treatment techniques to facilitate and restore optimal functioning
performance specific to certified athletic trainer's patient care
area. Completes daily documentation necessary for billing
procedures per affiliate policy and in compliance with regulatory
agencies. Records and tracks daily activities at designated school.
- Documents the patient/family/caregiver response to treatment
and changes in patient condition per affiliate documentation
policies and/or standards and in compliance with regulatory
- Educates patient/family/caregiver in home education program
using relevant and effective teaching methods.
- Demonstrates effective oral and written communication with all
internal and external customers to maximize quality of patient care
including coordination with interdisciplinary team members.
- Promotes education and development among staff, students, and
other health care providers using relevant and effective teaching
methods. Promotes process improvement.
- Assists with program development.
- Provides feedback in team conferences and interdisciplinary
meetings as appropriate.
- Demonstrates commitment to MidMichigan Health and specific
affiliate mission as evidenced by customer service, quality of
service, and teamwork.
- Maintains confidentiality of patient and affiliate information
in accordance with MidMichigan Health and affiliate policies and
- Other duties as assigned.
- MidMichigan Health is a technology driven organization and
employees need to demonstrate competency in Microsoft Windows.
- An employee may be required to participate in further learning
opportunities offered by MidMichigan Health.
REQUIRED EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE, TRAINING AND SKILLS Athletic
Trainer Licensure in the State of Michigan. Bachelors Degree in
- Interpersonal skills needed for effective verbal and written
communication in the English language to interact with people
individually and in a group at all levels and to communicate ideas
and concepts in a clear and understandable manner.
- Ability to work independently, demonstrating problem solving
and organizational skills, time management skills and
- Mandatory Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA)
is required and must be completed annually according to the
Exposure Control Plan.
- Ability to work where employee may be exposed to communicable
- Ability to perform essential job functions with reasonable
- Ability to demonstrate and teach selected treatment routines to
appropriate professional and non-professional individuals.
- Prefer one to three years of experience working in a sports
medicine clinic or university setting. #zr #INDEED1HP
Keywords: MyMichigan Health, Flint , Athletic Trainer Featured Job, Human Resources , Alpena, Michigan
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!