Environmental Srvs Housekeeper
Company: Mid Michigan Health
Posted on: November 27, 2022
Environmental Services Housekeeper Summary:
This position performs routine, repetitive tasks on a continuous
basis as a part of a department responsible for total cleaning of
and providing linen services to the Medical Center and its related
rental properties, all to comply with standards of linen services
and sanitation for Accreditation and Licensure requirements. In the
performance of the regular job duties, it is appropriate for this
position to have access to the medication room and supply room for
the purpose of cleaning.
Why You Will Love Being a Housekeeper at MyMichigan Health:
- MyMichigan Health is a technology driven organization.
- Benefits and immediate paid time off (PTO).
- Growth opportunity within the team including on-the-job
Certain benefits may vary based on your employment status.
A Day in the Life as a Housekeeper:
- (35%)* Performs assigned tasks in accordance with written
procedures, guidelines, directions, checklists, and verbal requests
- (35%)* Cleans and services units, rooms, areas, and facilities
including showers, tubs, sinks, water/ice dispensers, counters,
toilets, refrigerators, halls, stairways, walls, floors, ceilings,
windows, elevators, patient beds, patient units, patient equipment,
furniture of all kinds, operating suites, laboratories, procedure
rooms, and offices.
- (30%)* Uses cleaning chemicals, tools, and equipment including
cloths, wall mops, floor mops, vacuums, carpet cleaners, floor
rotors, and automatic floor machines.
Requirements We Are Looking For:
- High school diploma or GED.
- Computer skills assessment through the learning management
system upon hire.
Other Duties and Responsibilities:
- Performs miscellaneous cleaning and service duties including
cleaning building surfaces, equipment, furniture, & fixtures,
hanging curtains & window treatments, supplying dispensers,
stripping & waxing floors, and maintaining floor matting. Meet the
special needs of customers and patients.
- Operates, pushes, and pulls various carts including work carts,
soiled linen tubs, trash utility carts, supply carts, and large
delivery carts. Assure proper labeling and storage of food products
and/or menu order sheets.
- Removes, handles and transports soiled linen, trash, and
medical wastes throughout the facility.
- Handles and loads bags of soiled linen into washers for
- Unloads wet linen from washers; loads dryers, and unloads
- Performs manual sorting and folding of linens.
- Performs continual education and training as assigned through
written communications and information, verbal and visual
presentations, and computer modules and presentations.
- Demonstrate competency in Microsoft Windows.
*NOTE: PHYSICAL/MENTAL REQUIREMENTS MAY BE APPLICABLE WITH THIS
Refer to job description for a complete list of requirements .
Keywords: Mid Michigan Health, Flint , Environmental Srvs Housekeeper, Hospitality & Tourism , Alpena, Michigan
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!