Physical Therapist - PACE
Posted on: April 18, 2019
We Are Hiring Therapist-Physical-PACE - Restorative Therapy -
PRN,Day - Genesys PACE Center - Flint,MIWhat You Will Do As an
Associate with Genesys Health System-MI, you will have the
opportunity toEvaluates and conducts medically prescribed physical
therapy treatment programs.Responsibilities:
- Performs initial and on-going assessments of patient's
- Establishes, revises and evaluates a plan of care which is
appropriate to problems identified and involves the
- Performs therapy interventions utilizing standard physical
therapy techniques and skills as appropriate for the condition of
- Oversees activities of physical therapy assistants, students
and other support personnel.
- The physical therapist evaluates and assesses participants to
determine mobility level and other functional abilities. Provides
and recommends therapeutic exercise, gait training, ambulation,
etc. Works under the direct and indirect supervision of the Center
Manager or designee but is independent in the application of
advanced physical therapy knowledge and skills. Plans and develops
group exercise programs for maintenance therapy for participants.
Responsible for the overall physical therapy program at Genesys
PACE of Genesee County.
- Conducts initial assessment and periodic reassessment
(minimally every 6 months) of all participants' physical condition
and functional status. Assessments must be completed prior to
scheduled team meeting. Communicate participants' changes to
- Develops Plan of Care, develops treatment programs when
indicated, sets goals and provides treatment. Records and signs
treatments in participants' chart, records, signs and dates
- Coordination of 24 hour care delivery. Provides training to
family members, friends, and Genesys PACE of Genesee County staff
members for those parts of the treatment plan that can be carried
out by them.
- Provides supervision to program aides and other staff who are
implementing a Physical Therapy treatment program.
- Assesses the need for adaptive and durable medical equipment,
specialized shoes, and prosthesis and makes recommendations to the
- Actively functions as member of Interdisciplinary Team, and
participates in case conferences. Attends staff meetings and takes
part in participant care planning. Communicates any changes in
participant condition to team members. Demonstrates active
participation in QI processes.
- Every effort has been made to identify the essential functions
of this position. However, this in no way states or implies that
these are the only duties you will be required to perform. The
omission of specific statements of duties does not exclude them
from the position if the work is similar, related, or is an
essential function of the position.What You Will Need
- Required Credential(s):
- Certified BLS Provider specializing in Basic Life Support
credentialed from the American Heart Association (AHA) obtained
within 1.5 Months (45 days) of hire date or job transfer date.
- Licensed Drivers License credentialed from the Michigan
Secretary of State . Use of reliable vehicle required.
- Licensed Rehab Therapist specializing in Physical Therapy (RPT)
credentialed from the Michigan Board of Physical Therapy .
- One or more of the following:
- Valid Automobile Insurance credentialed from the Auto Owners
Insurance obtained prior to hire date or job transfer date.
Requires liability limits of at least $100,000/$300,000
- Bachelor's Level Degree
- Requires Bachelor's Degree in Physical Therapy if obtained
prior to the year 2000 If obtained after the year 2000, then
Master's Degree in Physical Therapy and Requires 1 year experience
working with the frail elderly population. Demonstrates clinical
competency with geriatric population. Only act within the scope of
his or her authority to practice. Meet a standardized set of
competencies for the specific position description established by
Genesys PACE of Genesee County and approved by CMS before working
independently. Be medically cleared for communicable diseases and
have all immunizations up-to-date before engaging in direct
participant contact Work Experience:Equal Employment Opportunity
Genesys Health System will provide equal employment opportunities
(EEO) to all associates and applicants for employment regardless of
race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation,
gender identification or expression, age, disability, marital
status, amnesty, genetic information, carrier status or any other
legally protected status or status as a covered veteran in
accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws. Please
note that Ascension will make an offer of employment only to
individuals who have applied for a position using our official
application. Be on alert for possible fraudulent offers of
employment. Ascension will not solicit money or banking information
from applicants.E-Verify Statement (HEALTH MINISTRY) participates
in the Electronic Employment Verification Program. Please click the
E-Verify link below for more information. E -Verify (link to
Keywords: Ascension, Flint , Physical Therapist - PACE, Healthcare , Flint, Michigan
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!