Registered Nurse RN - PACE Genesys
Posted on: January 5, 2019
We Are Hiring RN - Geriatric - PACE Clinic - FT Days - PACE Center - Flint, MIWhy Join Employer? As the leading healthcare provider in mid-Michigan, Genesys has been improving our community's health for more than 95 years, and part of Employer since 1999. As a group of affiliated medical campuses, outpatient centers, primary care locations including a network of 160 primary care physicians and ancillary healthcare organizations, we share a philosophy of providing personalized care to every person we serve. What You Will Do As an Associate with Employer Genesys Hospital, you will have the opportunity to provide direct nursing care to geriatric patients in accordance with established policies, procedures and protocols of the healthcare organization.You will:
- Implement and monitor patient care plans. Monitor, record and communicate patient condition as appropriate.
- Serve as a primary coordinator of all disciplines for well-coordinated patient care.
- Note and carry out physician and nursing orders.
- Assess and coordinate patient's discharge planning needs with members of the healthcare team.
- Responsible for providing direct and indirect nursing care to assigned patients; work under the direct and indirect supervision of the Center Manager or designee, but is independent in the application of advanced nursing knowledge and skills; manages complex clinical situations for which s/he is responsible; effectively presents information and responds to questions from co-workers, participants, caregivers, and the public(* denotes an age related skill or task)
- Assessment--Collect patient data and complete required forms with appropriate responses according to unit standards; identify patient's overt problems/needs and set priorities; identify problems requiring further referral and/or follow-up; interprets and record latest diagnostic results; perform advanced nursing assessment using critical thinking skills*
- Planning Care--Develop plan of care based on nursing process and incorporate the plans of other disciplines and continuing care needs; include the patient/family in developing or revising the plan of care; make referrals to inter-disciplinary support services; initial and periodic assessments (minimally every 6 months) to be completed prior to the scheduled team meeting; communicate participant changes to team members*
- Implementing/Managing Care: provide patient care that conforms to accepted practice standards; provide correct treatments/procedures and other care as prescribed and according to patient care standards*
- Demonstrate understanding of age-related characteristics and needs of patients served; explain nursing procedures in appropriate forms; provide participant and family education in coordination of 24 hour care delivery; identify emergency situations and independently initiate advanced therapy; act as coordinator of patient care with other health care personnel and evaluates patient care measures instituted; understand and demonstrate respect for patient rights and utilizes established mechanisms for management of ethical issues in patient care*
- Evaluation: Record patient care delivered as planned and any variation, with appropriate rationale; make and record observations related to impending or associated problems; implement nursing measures related to impending or associated problems*
- Leadership: Using nursing process, delegate nursing care to appropriate personnel; integrates cost effective measures into nursing practice; recognize unit problems and take responsibility for documenting same; demonstrate active participation in QI processes; comply with hospital expectations to meet staffing demands based on patient care needs; comply with policies addressing safe working conditions; monitor unsafe working conditions; recognize appropriate and/or ineffective patient care management, resolve issue/problem and complete written reports; fulfill call from unit as assigned and adjust staffing for census (volume) and acuity; participate in the orientation of new staff as requested
- Participate as member of Interdisciplinary Team; attend staff meetings and take part in participant care planning; will be required to drive daily for meetings and/or visits to participant homes and residential facilities
- Every effort has been made to identify essential functions of this position. However, this in no way states or implies that these are the only duties you will be required to perform. The omission of specific statements of duties does not exclude them from the position if the work is similar, related or is an essential function of the position.What You Will Need Licenses/Certifications/Registration:
- Required Credential(s):
- Certified BLS Provider specializing in Basic Life Support credentialed from the American Heart Association (AHA) obtained within 1.5 Months (45 days) of hire date or job transfer date.
- Licensed Drivers License credentialed from the Michigan Secretary of State obtained prior to hire date or job transfer date. Some local travel may be required.
- Licensed Registered Nurse credentialed from the Michigan Board of Nursing .
- One or more of the following:
- Requires liability limits of at least $100,000/$300,000 required.Education:
- Graduate of an accredited school of nursing is required; associate degree in Nursing is preferred and Requires at least 1 year experience working with the frail, elderly population; 3 or more years RN experience preferred, preferably in the past 3 years. Must possess knowledge and skills necessary to treat patients; other training as required by department. S/he only acts within the scope of his or her authority to practice. Meets a standardized set of competencies for the specific position description established by Genesys PACE of Genesee County and approved by CMS before working independently. Must be medically cleared for communicable diseases and have all immunizations up-to-date before engaging in direct participant contact. Equal Employment Opportunity Genesys Health System will provide equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all associates and applicants for employment regardless of race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identification or expression, age, disability, marital status, amnesty, genetic information, carrier status or any other legally protected status or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws. Please note that Employer will make an offer of employment only to individuals who have applied for a position using our official application. Be on alert for possible fraudulent offers of employment. Employer will not solicit money or banking information from applicants.
Keywords: Ascension, Flint , Registered Nurse RN - PACE Genesys, Healthcare , Flint, Michigan
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!