Registered Nurse RN - Surgical Srvcs Specialist
Company: Ascension SE Michigan, MI
Posted on: November 15, 2018
Job ID: 274039
Registered Nurse RN - Surgical Srvcs Specialist
Additional Job Information Title:--Surgical Srvcs Specialist-RN
City, State:-- Southfield,MI
Location:-- Providence Hospital - BU 34014
Department:---- Surgery 001
Additional Job Details:----Full-Time,Day,--40 hours,Weekly
Mostly day shift. However, the ability to rotate for in-services and education is required.
St. John Providence Health System is a member of Ascension Health, the largest not-for-profit Catholic Health system in the United States.
Our Mission, Vision and Values: St. John Providence Health System, as a Catholic health ministry, is committed to providing spiritually centered, holistic care which sustains and improves the health of individuals in the communities we serve, with special attention to the poor and vulnerable.
Our Values: We are called to: Service of the Poor, Reverence, Integrity, Wisdom, Creativity and Dedication
Our Vision: Our passion for healing calls us to cultivate trust, advocate wellness, and transform healthcare.
Job Description Job Summary:
The Surgical Srvcs Specialist-RN coordinates nursing activities and resources within clinical specialty or department.
- Coordinates staff scheduling and educational/development activities.
- Identifies and resolves issues affecting the delivery of patient care. Performs quality assurance studies and assists with implementation of quality assurance and/or improvement initiatives.
- Serves as resource to staff and external contacts on issues related to patient care, patient flow and clinical standards, policies and procedures.
- Monitors departmental compliance with regulatory and compliance requirements.
- Facilitates necessary changes of surgeon's preference cards to the appropriate associate for data entry. Reviews preference card changes and updates weekly. Handles communications with surgeons about their needs for upcoming cases.
- Handles week-to-week and day-to-day assessment of the OR schedule. Corrects incorrect case cart and OR room assignment. Manages turnover times and assists with turnover to achieve goals according to the case complexity. Performs other responsibilities as assigned.
- Oversees utilization and maintenance for supplies, instruments and equipment through interactions with staff, physicians, support disciplines, clinical engineering, sales and service representatives.
- Coordinates implementation of educational programs for specialty procedures in collaboration with the surgical services educator, participates in program presentations for their designated specialty. Fosters growth of associates with the knowledge and skills of their specialty. Assists in the orientation and on-the-job training of O.R. staff rotating through the designated surgical specialty area. Appraises and evaluates perceived skill levels, providing informed assistance in the performance evaluation process. Expands knowledge in the latest technologies, safety issues, accepted practices in their specialty area and shares this knowledge through practice with the other team leaders and associates.
- Current Registered Nurse (RN) licensure with the State of Michigan required.
- One or more of the following:
- Basic Life Support Provider certification from the American Heart Association (AHA) required. American Red Cross (ARC) CPR for Professional Rescuers card will be accepted upon hire but renewal must be a BLS Provider card from AHA.
- Associate Degree--
- Associate's degree or equivalent from an accredited School of Nursing required Bachelor's degree preferred
- 2 years of OR experience required.
Equal Employment Opportunity
St. John Providence Health System is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. We provide equal employment opportunities to all associates and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, height, weight, genetic information, marital status, amnesty, veteran status or any other legally protected status in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws. The information requested on this application will not be used for any purpose prohibited by law. If you require assistance or an accommodation to complete this application, please let us know.
For further information regarding your EEO rights, click on the following link to the "EEO is the Law" poster:
EEO is the Law Poster Supplement
Please note that Ascension will make an offer of employment only to individuals who have applied for a position using our official application. Be on alert for possible fraudulent offers of employment. Ascension will not solicit money or banking information from applicants.
E-Verify Statement St. John Providence Health System participates in the Electronic Employment Verification Program.-- Please click the E-Verify link below for more information.
Keywords: Ascension SE Michigan, MI, Flint , Registered Nurse RN - Surgical Srvcs Specialist, Healthcare , Southfield, Michigan
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!