Registered Nurse RN - Home Care
Posted on: November 15, 2018
We Are Hiring RN - Home Care Support Services 001 - FT Days - PACE Center - Flint, MIWhy Join Ascension? As the leading healthcare provider in mid-Michigan, Genesys has been improving our community's health for more than 95 years, and part of Ascension since 1999. As a group of affiliated medical campuses, outpatient centers, primary care locations including a network of 160 primary care physicians and ancillary healthcare organizations, we share a philosophy of providing personalized care to every person we serve.What You Will Do As an Associate with Ascension Genesys Hospital, you will have the opportunity to coordinate home health activities and resources.You will:
- Coordinate staff scheduling, educational/development activities and provide input for performance evaluations.
- Identify and resolve issues affecting the delivery of patient care. Perform quality assurance studies and assist with implementation of QA/QI initiatives.
- Serve as resource to staff and external contacts on issues related to patient care, patient flow and clinical standards, policies and procedures.
- Monitor departmental compliance with regulatory and Joint Commission requirements.
- Under direct supervision of the Center Manager, responsible for development and implementation of home care services for program participants, including the coordination of all Durable Medical Equipment and nursing home care
- Assess, using the nursing process, the home care needs of a frail elderly population, and identify and develop specific plans of care; initial and periodic assessments to be conducted minimally every 6 months and must be completed prior to the scheduled team meeting; communicate participant changes with team members
- Coordination of 24 hour care delivery and implementation of all home care services which include nursing, PT, OT, ST and personal care services to ensure that quality services are provided to meet participant needs; coordinate and authorize all Durable Medical Equipment; provides oversight of home care scheduling and supply ordering
- Coordinate and supervise nursing care for participants in the nursing home/boarding home according to program standards; includes interaction with other facility staff; will be required to drive daily for meetings and/or visits to participant homes and residential facilities
- Evaluate Home Care providers in conjunction with PACE Center Manager
- Demonstrate active participation in Quality Improvement (QI) processes; participate as a member of the Interdisciplinary Team; able to effectively present information and respond to questions from group, coworkers, participants, caregivers and the public; attend staff meetings and takes part in participant care planning; communicate any changes in participant condition to team members
- Every effort has been made to identify the essential functions of this position. However, this in no way states or implies that these are the only duties you will be required to perform. The omission of specific statements of duties does not exclude them from the position if the work is similar, related, or is an essential function of the positionWhat You Will Need Licenses/Certifications/Registration:
- Required Credential(s):
- Certified BLS Provider specializing in Basic Life Support credentialed from the American Heart Association (AHA) obtained within 1.5 Months (45 days) of hire date or job transfer date.
- Licensed Drivers License credentialed from the Michigan Secretary of State obtained prior to hire date or job transfer date. Some local travel may be required.
- Licensed Registered Nurse credentialed from the Michigan Board of Nursing .
- One or more of the following:
- Requires liability limits of at least $100,000/$300,000 required.Education:
- Graduate of an accredited school of nursing required; Bachelor of Science in nursing is preferred and Home health experience is preferred.Equal Employment Opportunity Genesys Health System will provide equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all associates and applicants for employment regardless of race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identification or expression, age, disability, marital status, amnesty, genetic information, carrier status or any other legally protected status or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws. Please note that Ascension will make an offer of employment only to individuals who have applied for a position using our official application. Be on alert for possible fraudulent offers of employment. Ascension will not solicit money or banking information from applicants.
Keywords: Ascension, Flint , Registered Nurse RN - Home Care, Healthcare , Flint, Michigan
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!