Occupational Therapist - PACE
Company: Genesys Health System, MI
Posted on: October 7, 2018
Job ID: 278341 Occupational Therapist - PACE Flint, Michigan Regular / Day Additional Job Information Title: Therapist-Occupational-PACE City, State: Flint,MI Location: PACE Center Department: Restorative Therapy Additional Job Details: Full-Time,Day, 40 hours,Weekly About Us As the leading healthcare provider in mid-Michigan, Genesys has been improving our community's health for more than 95 years, and part of Ascension since 1999. As a group of affiliated medical campuses, outpatient centers, primary care locations including a network of 160 primary care physicians and ancillary healthcare organizations, we share a philosophy of providing personalized care to every person we serve. Job Description Job Summary: Evaluates and treats patients with physical, emotional, cognitive and/or psychosocial deficits. Responsibilities:
- Assesses patient 's ability to safely and effectively perform independent living skills. Designs the appropriate plan of care, including type and frequency of treatment.
- Implements the treatment plan using appropriate modalities. Documents findings of patient progress. Monitors and modifies the plan of care as needed. Seeks consultation as necessary.
- Educates the patient and family/caregiver about patient deficits. Plans and/or assists with patient discharge from therapy services and provides information regarding appropriate selection/use of adaptive equipment and support programs.
- Oversees the care provided by certified occupational therapy assistants and therapy technicians according to established regulations and practice standards.
- The occupational therapist will evaluate and reassess participants upon referral from the Interdisciplinary Team. Provides and recommends therapeutic exercises. Works under the direct and indirect supervision of the Center Manager or designee but is independent in the application of advanced Occupational Therapy knowledge and skills. Responsible for the overall occupational therapy program at Genesys PACE of Genesee County. Conducts initial assessments and reassessments, upon referral from team, of participant's condition and functional status. Communicates participant changes to team members.
- Coordinates 24 hour care delivery. Provides training to family members, friends, and Genesys PACE of Genesee County staff members for those parts of the treatment plan that can be carried out by them. Provides supervision to program aides and other staff who are implementing an OT treatment program.
- Assesses the need for adaptive and durable medical equipment. Coordinates with the Home Care Coordinator to purchase durable medical equipment.
- Participates in case conferences when necessary. Demonstrates active participation in QI processes. Participates as a member of the Interdisciplinary Team. Attends staff meetings and takes part in participant care planning. Communicates any changes in participant condition to team members.
- Every effort has been made to identify the essential functions of this position. However, this in no way states or implies that these are the only duties you will be required to perform. The omission of specific statements of duties does not exclude them from the position if the work is similar, related, or is an essential function of the position.
- Required Credential(s):
- Licensed Drivers License credentialed from the Michigan Secretary of State . Some local travel may be required.
- Licensed Rehab Therapist specializing in Occupational Therapy (OTR) credentialed from the Michigan Board of Occupational Therapists .
- One or more of the following:
- Valid Automobile Insurance credentialed from the Auto Owners Insurance obtained prior to hire date or job transfer date. Requires liability limits of at least $100,000/$300,000 required.
- Certified BLS Provider specializing in Basic Life Support credentialed from the American Heart Association (AHA) obtained within 2 Months (60 days) of hire date or job transfer date. Or Certified Instructor. Education:
- Graduate of an OT curriculum accredited by the Committee on Allied Health Education and the Accreditation of the American Medical Association and the American OT Association Work Experience:
- Have 2 years experience as an OT, minimum 1 year experience working with a frail elderly population. Demonstrates clinical competency with geriatric population. Only acts within the scope of his or her authority to practice. Meet a standardized set of competencies for the specific position description established by Genesys PACE of Genesee County and approved by CMS before working independently. Be medically cleared for communicable diseases and have all immunizations up-to-date before engaging in direct participant contact. Equal Employment Opportunity Genesys Health System will provide equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all associates and applicants for employment regardless of race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identification or expression, age, disability, marital status, amnesty, genetic information, carrier status or any other legally protected status or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws. Please note that Ascension will make an offer of employment only to individuals who have applied for a position using our official application. Be on alert for possible fraudulent offers of employment. Ascension will not solicit money or banking information from applicants. Share: -->
Keywords: Genesys Health System, MI, Flint , Occupational Therapist - PACE, Healthcare , Flint, Michigan
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!