Occupational Therapy Assistant - PACE Genesys
Company: Genesys Health System, MI
Posted on: October 5, 2018
Job ID: 273821 Occupational Therapy Assistant - PACE Genesys Flint, Michigan Regular / Day Additional Job Information Title: Occupational Therapy Assistant - PACE Genesys City, State: Flint,MI Location: PACE Genesys Department: Restorative Therapy Additional Job Details: Full-Time,Day, 40 hours,Weekly About Us As the leading healthcare provider in mid-Michigan, Genesys has been improving our community's health for more than 95 years, and part of Ascension since 1999. As a group of affiliated medical campuses, outpatient centers, primary care locations including a network of 160 primary care physicians and ancillary healthcare organizations, we share a philosophy of providing personalized care to every person we serve. Job Description Job Summary: Conducts medically prescribed occupational therapy under the supervision of an occupational therapist. Responsibilities:
- Implements an established treatment plan using appropriate modalities. Documents findings of patient progress. Seeks consultation as necessary.
- Monitors patient's response to treatment plan. Communicates patient progress and possible goal revisions to occupational therapist.
- Educates the patient and family/caregiver about patient deficits. Provides discharge planning assistance and information regarding appropriate selection/use of adaptive equipment and community support programs.
- May oversee the care provided by therapy technicians according to established regulations and practice standards.
- Provides skilled OT as prescribed by OTR and completes detailed progress notes as required. Reassess participants ongoing need for skilled OT; for adapted equipment; set up plans appropriate for OT goals. Carries out treatment plans for participants needing occupational therapy; per OTR/L evaluation & goals.
- Coordinates and maintains written records of ordered DME used at center, homes and other facilities as needed, or as ordered by physician. Coordinates with team members and outside contractors to provide ongoing needed DME and safety equipment to participants. Responsible for contacting appropriate companies for proper repairs and upkeep of DME.
- Instructs participants relatives and attendants in relevant methods of care and treatment when necessary. Acts as a staff consultant for transfer techniques, safety and relevant methods of occupational therapy treatment.
- Together with the Medical Director, nurse, Physical Therapist and Administration plans for and orders new equipment for the center and/or the participants homes and OT. Assists OT in providing all new participants with a home assessment for safety and/or any equipment needs.
- Required Credential(s):
- Certified BLS Provider specializing in Basic Life Support credentialed from the American Heart Association (AHA) obtained within 3 Months (90 days) of hire date or job transfer date.
- Certified Assistant Rehab Therapist specializing in Occupational Therapy (COTA) credentialed from the National Board for Certification in Occupational Therapy (NBCOT) .
- Licensed Assistant Rehab Therapy Assistant specializing in Occupational Therapy credentialed from the Michigan Board of Occupational Health . Education:
- Associate Degree
- Requires equivalent of an Associate's level degree in Occupational therapy assisting from an accredited instituion Work Experience:
- Occupational therapy assistant experience preferred, not required. Equal Employment Opportunity Genesys Health System will provide equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all associates and applicants for employment regardless of race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identification or expression, age, disability, marital status, amnesty, genetic information, carrier status or any other legally protected status or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws. Please note that Ascension will make an offer of employment only to individuals who have applied for a position using our official application. Be on alert for possible fraudulent offers of employment. Ascension will not solicit money or banking information from applicants. Share: -->
Keywords: Genesys Health System, MI, Flint , Occupational Therapy Assistant - PACE Genesys, Healthcare , Flint, Michigan
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!