Company: MyMichigan Health
Posted on: March 16, 2023
Paramedic Position Summary:
This position provides advanced emergency medical care to the sick
and/or injured as trained and licensed by the State of Michigan.
The desired result of the paramedic's intervention is improved
Why You Will Love Being a Paramedic at MyMichigan Health:
- MyMichigan Health is a technology driven organization.
- Benefits and immediate paid time off (PTO).
- Growth opportunity within the team including on-the-job
Certain benefits may vary based on your employment status.
A Day in the Life as a Paramedic:
- (50%)* Acts independently to formulate and initiate a plan of
intervention for medical and traumatic emergencies. Invasive
medical interventions include: pleural decompression,
cricothyrotomy, endotracheal intubation, interosseous access,
intravenous access insertion of esophageal obturator airway, and
blood sugar analysis. Noninvasive monitoring and management
techniques include: vital sign interpretation, cardiac rhythm
analysis, 12 lead interpretation, cardiac
defibrillation/cardioversion, use of external pacemaker, analysis
of pulse oximetry, and proper delivery of oxygen therapy.
- (25%)* Assesses patients during inter-hospital transfers.
Evaluation and intervention is initiated by the paramedic.
Additional medical equipment is often utilized to maintain optimal
patient care. Examples of equipment include neonatal isolette,
intra-aortic balloon pump, and intravenous infusion machines.
- (25%)* Supervises field medical management of ancillary rescue
staff and first responders. This includes physicians, nurses and
all other state licensed medical personnel. Other agencies this
position may be required to manage include law enforcement and fire
departments. Bystander management is also the responsibility of
this position as needed.
Requirements We Are Looking For:
- High school diploma or GED.
- EMT-P Licensure in the State of Michigan required.
- ACLS required.
- PALS required.
- Basic life support within 30 days of hire or transfer to this
- Excellent driving skills for emergency vehicles; driving record
must be meet or exceed the facility's current insurance
Other Duties and Responsibilities:
- Performs non-invasive monitoring and management techniques
including vital signs and IPS.
- Determines blood sugar levels and oxygenation adequacy.
- Assures that ambulances, medical equipment and supplies are
fully functional and in sufficient quantity to meet any emergency
the EMT could encounter.
- Exercises a strong public awareness and education program to
ensure that hospital staff and physicians, as well as the general
public, perceive the service and the institution in a positive
manner and continue to support both an aggressive and progressive
service to our community.
- Compiles a written report of each call so that copies may be
distributed to appropriate departments for billing to third-party
- Reports via radio the patient's condition to the receiving
institution while in route and follows with a more detailed report
on arrival at the institution.
- Demonstrates competency in Microsoft Windows.
*NOTE: PHYSICAL/MENTAL REQUIREMENTS MAY BE APPLICABLE WITH THIS
Refer to job description for a complete list of requirements.
Keywords: MyMichigan Health, Flint , Paramedic, Healthcare , Alpena, Michigan
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!
Loading more jobs...